Nov 29 2012
By: HeartBreaker213 Fender Bender 4602 posts

Memory card with multiple Vita systems

[ Edited ]
5 replies 113 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

It's been a long time since I posted anything Playstation related, but how is Vita gaming for everyone Smiley Happy ?

Ok, so I am an original Vita adopter; and have been thoroughly enjoying my Vita over the past year.  However, with the AC3 bundle from Amazon on Black Friday with Playstation All-Stars and the great looking white Vita, it was too hard to pass up.  So now, what I would like to do is sell my original Vita to make up some of the money for the AC3 one.  I can sell it today locally for 140 with one game (MLB 12).

Essentially my question is, can I just use my Vita memory card from my original Vita on my new Vita?  Or, will I have to backup my data onto my PS3 and then transfer it to the new memory card?  This way, the buyer who I am selling the Vita to can just have the new memory card and I don't have to do any backup of mine.  I tried doing some research on Google but I think going straight to the source will clear things up.

Green Collar Baseball. Go A's!

Message 1 of 6 (113 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Re: Memory card with multiple Vita systems

Nov 29, 2012
If you just transfer the card it will make you reformat it before allowing it to be used.

So I would say backup your data
Message 2 of 6 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4602 posts

Nov 29, 2012

timlsteele wrote:
If you just transfer the card it will make you reformat it before allowing it to be used.

Hi there timlsteele, thanks for the prompt reply!

I do not seem to understand Sony sometimes, I was hoping it was like a PS2 memory card hot-swap kinda deal, but in that case I'll just need to backup the data on my ol' PS3. 

Message 3 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 29, 2012

HeartBreaker213 wrote:

timlsteele wrote:

I do not seem to understand Sony sometimes, I was hoping it was like a PS2 memory card hot-swap kinda deal, but in that case I'll just need to backup the data on my ol' PS3. 

Given how the PSP was completely hacked, Sony isn't taking any chances with the Vita and its security measures...

Message 4 of 6 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4602 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

HeartBreaker213 wrote:

timlsteele wrote:

Given how the PSP was completely hacked, Sony isn't taking any chances with the Vita and its security measures...

Unfortunately this affects the users who like to support and purchase games legit.  I know that many gamers hacked their PSP just to have custom themes and still acquire the games like anyone else would, but that sure is a bummer.

Message 5 of 6 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

It takes a few minutes, and I actually agree with it. Other things sony does however I don't always agree with.  PSP was crippled by hacks so I do not blame them.

Message 6 of 6 (79 Views)
0 Likes