Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 13 2010
By: elwood14 Splicer 52 posts

Media Go Installation Problems? Please list them here!!!

21 replies 1774 views Edited Jul 13, 2010

Some users seem to be having Media Go installation problems. If you are having a Media Go installation problem, please provide answers to each of the questions below and together we can hopefully figure out how to solve your issues. Tons of people have been able to install Media Go successfully, and this app should be able to work on any system that meets the minimum requirements. But, computers can be tricky beasts sometimes, as we all know.

Please be specific when answering the questions below. Please don't hijack this thread and discuss issues that are not related to Media Go installation. The more precise you are, the more likely you can be helped.

Ready?

Questions:

1) Your OS and Service pack version

(example: XP Home SP3)

2) Your anti-virus software

(example: Symantec Endpoint)

3) Your OS language setting

(example: my OS is set to French)

4) The version of Media Go you are trying to install

(example: Media Go 1.5)

5) Your language choice for Media Go

(example: Chinese)

6) Specific component that is failing during installation

(example: PlayStation Store Network Downloader)

7) Specific Error Message that you recieved when installation failed

(example: "xyz component could not be installed. Error code 12348080x")

8) Anything else that you think might be helpful for diagnostic purposes

(example: "My OS resides on a removable USB drive" etc)

Thanks for the good community effort- this is what the forums are all about!

Message 1 of 22 (1,774 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Re: Media Go Installation Problems? Please list them here!!!

Jul 13, 2010

1) Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

2) Microsoft Security Essentials.

3) English as language in Windows.

4) Media Go 1.4.

5) English as language in Media Go.

6) Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 could not install, and I received an error.

7) (I don't remember the error message, except that it couldn't install.)

8) I fixed it by making a secondary account in my Windows machine and installing it there, and everything went smoothly. I now have Media Go 1.5.

Bawk at my brilliant PSPgo
Message 2 of 22 (1,774 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2801 posts

Jul 14, 2010

1) Windows XP Home w/ SP3

2) Symantec Norton Anti-Virus (provided through Comcast for its customers)

3) My OS is set to English

4) Media Go 1.5

5) English for Media Go

6) The Media Go Video Playback Engine

7) The first error message I receive is "There is not enough physical memory to install Media Go Video Playback Engine (numbers here) on this system." The second error message I receive is "Installation of the Media Go Video Playback Engine has failed. If this problem persists, uninstall the Media Go Video Playback Engine from the Windows Control Panel and restart Media Go. Error 8004c701."

8) My computer meets the minimum requirements for Media Go to be installed. I was using Media Manager before Media Go was released and didn't have this problem. I don't know how much physical memory the Media Go Video Playback Engine needs to be installed on the system, but it shoudln't take that much physical memory.

Message 3 of 22 (1,774 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

Jul 14, 2010

Just some general advice on troubleshooting problems...

A lot of problems installing stuff in Vista or Win7 can be fixed by running the installer in compatibility mode. If some individual component fails installation, look in your temporary files folder for the installer and run that in compatibility mode (clearing your temp files before hand will help you find what you need).

Turn off security software during installation, and quit other programs that may be using a lot of memory or network bandwidth as well.

If you (or anyone else on your network) is running any file sharing apps (bittorrent, limewire, etc.) shut them down while troubleshooting.

For XP make sure you have *at least* SP2 installed. Many programs no longer support XP < SP2.

If you have trouble installing Microsoft components (like Vbasic or C++ libraries) you can often find updated versions on Microsoft's support site.

I personally have installed Media Go on several computers running Windows XP-SP2 & SP3, and on Win7-RC1 & Win7 Basic, and I have had zero issues. Based on that I'd say security software or outaded OS are the most likely cause for the troubles people seem to be having.

Everyone thinks I'm psychotic (except my friends deep inside the earth).
Message 4 of 22 (1,774 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Jul 15, 2010

GeekGod wrote:

Just some general advice on troubleshooting problems...

A lot of problems installing stuff in Vista or Win7 can be fixed by running the installer in compatibility mode. If some individual component fails installation, look in your temporary files folder for the installer and run that in compatibility mode (clearing your temp files before hand will help you find what you need).

Turn off security software during installation, and quit other programs that may be using a lot of memory or network bandwidth as well.

If you (or anyone else on your network) is running any file sharing apps (bittorrent, limewire, etc.) shut them down while troubleshooting.

For XP make sure you have *at least* SP2 installed. Many programs no longer support XP < SP2.

If you have trouble installing Microsoft components (like Vbasic or C++ libraries) you can often find updated versions on Microsoft's support site.

I personally have installed Media Go on several computers running Windows XP-SP2 & SP3, and on Win7-RC1 & Win7 Basic, and I have had zero issues. Based on that I'd say security software or outaded OS are the most likely cause for the troubles people seem to be having.

Except I'm only running avg anti virus and I have closed that and it still won't connect. An error occured durring communication with server. I had it working on windows xp but not since windows 7 came out

Message 5 of 22 (1,774 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jul 15, 2010

TakeUrBestShot wrote:

7) The first error message I receive is "There is not enough physical memory to install Media Go Video Playback Engine (numbers here) on this system." The second error message I receive is "Installation of the Media Go Video Playback Engine has failed. If this problem persists, uninstall the Media Go Video Playback Engine from the Windows Control Panel and restart Media Go. Error 8004c701."

8) My computer meets the minimum requirements for Media Go to be installed. I was using Media Manager before Media Go was released and didn't have this problem. I don't know how much physical memory the Media Go Video Playback Engine needs to be installed on the system, but it shoudln't take that much physical memory.

You're right that it's probably getting confused and returning a mistaken error message, but the first thing that comes to mind for me is, you wouldn't happen to have any unusual (non-alphanumeric) characters in your account name, would you? If you haven't already, I'd try creating a new admin account and installing from there, and see if the situation improves.

Message 6 of 22 (1,774 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jul 15, 2010

Dear TakeUrBestShot:

How much RAM does your computer have?

Message 7 of 22 (1,774 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1263 posts

Jul 16, 2010
Thanks for this thread.. Very useful for me in the future...
Best cover art ever! on Twitpic
Message 8 of 22 (1,774 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 16, 2010

1.Windows vista

2. Norton

3.English

4.Not sure, not stated on the CD, the CD come with the box on brand new PSP Go.

5.English

7."Please close media go and press retry to continue.The installer is unable to update media go while is running.If you do not wish to update  

now, please press cancell to end the update"

8. At the first time to installing the media go from the CD, the logo appear on my desktop , but my son do something on the computer and the

media go was dissappear and not works properly.I uninstalled the program..etc, then start all over again.but when I starting to install again

from the CD the box always coming out.

Pleasee help me.... I'm not good at all on the computer.Thanks you very much for your help, really appreciated for it.

Message 9 of 22 (1,774 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jul 16, 2010

Hey topgear-fans:

The Media Go version on the CD is probably out of date.

The latest version is always available here: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/mediago/default_enu.asp?page=download

Please download it and try installing again.

(You don't need the CD anymore, just use the downloadable version).

Message 10 of 22 (1,774 Views)
0 Likes