Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: Media Connect. So laughably bad.

Feb 20, 2012

hbkboy wrote:

Actually I don't think so, the exploits from the PSP came from the battery. Member the whole pandora battery thing? You could not exploit your psp if you didn't have a modified battery.

However the PSP Go and 3000 were hacked because of holes in the Patapon demo.

then there was also the ease of everything else ontop of everything with the psp open memory format and media go format. it all adds up. (that was just one hack with the psp there was others you could just download and because of the open memory format it was easy to just put it inside your psp.)

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 21 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Well that's after the exploit, nobody could do that without finding the loopholes in the system itself. I see your point, but open format is not a bad thing at all in my opinion. There are other ways to preventing piracy than stripping everything away from the user is what I'm getting at.

Photobucket
Message 22 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Nice post, well stated. It's like at the last second someone at Sony said "hey should we throw in something to let them connect to a PC?" and then the reply was "yes as long as its so bad that no one will want to use it!"

Message 23 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Feb 20, 2012

again media go was not was it was when it first came out. (hell originally it did not even have the same name.) it will improve in time. using anything other then the content manager though will not work. all you can do is asked for more updates and it will update.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 24 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 20, 2012

For now I simply organize what content i want to add my PC before pluging in my vita. Its a minor hassle.

My only major complaint is the STANDBY feature! The system still goes into sleep mode while coping data from your PC! this is so aggrivating and can cause data damage. I was copping my music and had to sit there moving the stick or touching the screen every few mins just to keep my vita awake for the transfer.

But i see an update to fix all these lil problems coming soon so I didnt see this a big enough issue to make a whole thread about lol but long as im here. . .

Twitch Channel
Message 25 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I Understand exactly what you are saying... If someone broke into your house and they had a knife and were going to try to steal some stuff and you had a gun would u just hide in a corner and let them take everything you own, and give them keys to your front door so they can get the BIG SCREEN TV OUT??? well i dont know about you but I wouldn't I would grab my gun run out there and scare them away just like pipa and popa or whatever they are did, and then if that didnt work and they were comming towards me with a knife i would start fireing and that would stop them... that is all sony is doing with this they are finally pulling out the big guns, and they have their fingers on the Trigger!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 26 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I don't plan to use my PS Vita as a photo slideshow item, so it doesn't matter to me.

Message 27 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
959 posts

Feb 21, 2012

the worst thing about it ,is that you need to be connected to the internet to be able to use it.

how lame is that

Message 28 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Hammer_420 wrote:

the worst thing about it ,is that you need to be connected to the internet to be able to use it.

how lame is that

Well I'm pretty sure all of us here have internet, or we wouldn't be on the forums

Message 29 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Feb 21, 2012

xander8869 wrote:

I Understand exactly what you are saying... If someone broke into your house and they had a knife and were going to try to steal some stuff and you had a gun would u just hide in a corner and let them take everything you own, and give them keys to your front door so they can get the BIG SCREEN TV OUT??? well i dont know about you but I wouldn't I would grab my gun run out there and scare them away just like pipa and popa or whatever they are did, and then if that didnt work and they were comming towards me with a knife i would start fireing and that would stop them... that is all sony is doing with this they are finally pulling out the big guns, and they have their fingers on the Trigger!!!!!!!!!!!

this is my point also since everything that has happened to sony lately sony is really trying to tighten up there grip on there content.

sony is trying to protect them self. (may not be the best way but hell they are doing what they think is best. again updates will happen to improve things. give it time. Rome was not built in a day.)

Message 30 of 35 (6 Views)
0 Likes