Keyblade Wielder
9712 posts

Re: Media Connect. So laughably bad.

Feb 20, 2012

Enjoy your shiny Vita must you complain I doubt you b#tch about what your smartphone does and doesn't do. 

Message 11 of 35 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Feb 20, 2012

cobrafang wrote:

Enjoy your shiny Vita must you complain I doubt you b#tch about what your smartphone does and doesn't do. 

I get snappy when people complain about dumb things or say something like well since it always happens we should just lay back and let it happen. also I do not own a smartphone.  I will be very happy with my ps vita. there is nothing it does not do that I care about. I am getting the ps vita to play games everything else is just extra.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 12 of 35 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

you may as well say we should close all schools there will always be people who do not pass. we should also close all hospitals people still die and get sick. we should also close down all police stations people always do illegal stuff. there will always be people who need rescue and there will always be fires so we should close all fire stations.

there will always be hurricanes and other natural disasters so lets close down all warning system things.

people will aways need food so lets close down all stores and on and on and on.

that whole excuse is just that makes no sense. just because something always happens does not mean you should do nothing about it to try and limit it.

Incagneto I have NFI where you got all these from what I said. But if I apply the logic you are applying here to what you said and stretch it in a similar manner.

Sony may as well disable game saves so that we cannot use their memory media to introduce files in to their system. No outside files = No piracy.

Sony may as well just broadcast the content to us like a TV show so as to eliminate the risk of using counterfeit cards to play pirated games. No physical media = No piracy.

Since you want to deal with extremes we can also argue (with your logic) that Sony may as well stop making video games because they only propagate piracy.

Message 13 of 35 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Content manager is really terrible to use.

I posted my opinion on it here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4668211

I really really hope Media Go support comes for the Vita....

Content manager is a barrier to properly using the Vita as a multimedia device.

Message 14 of 35 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Feb 20, 2012

SnWnMe wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

you may as well say we should close all schools there will always be people who do not pass. we should also close all hospitals people still die and get sick. we should also close down all police stations people always do illegal stuff. there will always be people who need rescue and there will always be fires so we should close all fire stations.

there will always be hurricanes and other natural disasters so lets close down all warning system things.

people will aways need food so lets close down all stores and on and on and on.

that whole excuse is just that makes no sense. just because something always happens does not mean you should do nothing about it to try and limit it.

Incagneto I have NFI where you got all these from what I said. But if I apply the logic you are applying here to what you said and stretch it in a similar manner.

Sony may as well disable game saves so that we cannot use their memory media to introduce files in to their system. No outside files = No piracy.

Sony may as well just broadcast the content to us like a TV show so as to eliminate the risk of using counterfeit cards to play pirated games. No physical media = No piracy.

Since you want to deal with extremes we can also argue (with your logic) that Sony may as well stop making video games because they only propagate piracy.

this is not my logic this is yours. you said you may as well not do anything because people will always hack. so I am saying with that logic you may as well just close everything down. sony is trying to limit piracy if you do not like it then do not buy any game or anything. since everyone trys and fights piracy even the goverment's.

you do not just sit back and let crap happen. do you sit back and let people shoot at you? because it always happens? no you fight back. to limit it.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 15 of 35 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

As a multimedia device the content manager will hinder the Vita in terms of not being as easy to use as the Media Go is. I think it's stupid to have to change managers because of "piracy" I mean if you look at it, when you connect your iPods or Zunes or whatever you can't see the filesystem inside.

Personally I think Sony needs to let us access our cards, because it's absurd and a waste of time to go through crappy underdeveloped managers. There will always be piracy in every system. Hacking is also not piracy by definition. What Sony needs to do, is design better DRM into their games, and not the system if they want to prevent piracy.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 35 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Feb 20, 2012

hbkboy wrote:

As a multimedia device the content manager will hinder the Vita in terms of not being as easy to use as the Media Go is. I think it's stupid to have to change managers because of "piracy" I mean if you look at it, when you connect your iPods or Zunes or whatever you can't see the filesystem inside.

Personally I think Sony needs to let us access our cards, because it's absurd and a waste of time to go through crappy underdeveloped managers. There will always be piracy in every system. Hacking is also not piracy by definition. What Sony needs to do, is design better DRM into their games, and not the system if they want to prevent piracy.

how about remove all online components in games go back to playstation classic and playstation 2 days where online was not there and hacking was not as wide spread.  they can fix it surely to make it better but it is what it is. it is sony's answer to tightening up the ps vita from piracy and hacking. if you do not like it how about you think of something better? the most people here that complain about this stuff do not know how the industry works. this is the best answer sony will not open up there memory card format. (stuff will get better with updates like everything always does.)

it did them so good when they trusted people with there psp's with media go and having open format memory cards. the hacking and piracy was so low right? oh yeah it was not. (even nintendo has its own measures to prevent hacking and piracy and they have less of it compared to psp did.)

Message 17 of 35 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

The PS2 was online, and hacking for both of them was blown up just as bad as the PSP.

The answer for preventing hacking, is not by pissing everyone off by making everything more difficult than it needs to be. Hacking means to exploit things to make better. Piracy is a whole nother issue. Open format is not a cause of anything, it's because of the holes in the system itself.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 35 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Feb 20, 2012

hbkboy wrote:

The PS2 was online, and hacking for both of them was blown up just as bad as the PSP.

The answer for preventing hacking, is not by pissing everyone off by making everything more difficult than it needs to be. Hacking means to exploit things to make better. Piracy is a whole nother issue. Open format is not a cause of anything, it's because of the holes in the system itself.

the holes in the system it self are from open format. it is why it is open one big hole.  well no they were not as badly hacked back then honestly according to the numbers. (even the ps3 has not been hacked as bad and had as much piracy as the psp.)

Message 19 of 35 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Actually I don't think so, the exploits from the PSP came from the battery. Member the whole pandora battery thing? You could not exploit your psp if you didn't have a modified battery.

However the PSP Go and 3000 were hacked because of holes in the Patapon demo.

Photobucket
Message 20 of 35 (5 Views)
0 Likes