Jan 01 2013
By: BigBrotherKaz Wastelander 562 posts

Maximum Social Link?

[ Edited ]
7 replies 177 views Edited Jan 1, 2013

Is there any possible way to achieve it without having to follow the guide on internet? Because I have rescue Rise, here what I have:

Yosuke ( Magician) : 9

Chie ( Chariot): 6

Rise ( Priestest): 3

Teddie ( Star): 2

Kanji is nowhere to be found

Adachi ( Jester/Hunger) : 3

Marie (Aeon) :3

Fellow Athlete ( Streght ) :9

Yumi Ozawa ( I think she's Sun) : 8 and already a Lover

The Fox: 3

Dojima : 6

Nanako : 6

Magaret : 1

So my question is, is this ok, can I achieve max social link for all of them and the other yet to be found if I play normally? Can I have lots of Lover? How the hell do I advance Magaret SL????

Edit: Fool also Level 4 Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: Maximum Social Link?

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Do you realize that by asking this, you are using a guide on the internet?

Slightly more useful edit: Without an explicit guide from an experienced person who has done research, don't plan to do it on your first playthrough.  Wait until New Game+ before you try to max out all of them.  You might be able to on the second since you don't have to study anymore or anything like that.  Try to do the ones that matter the most first, like your party members.  Definitely max out the three you plan to use in battle the most.

I think something bad will happen if you have 2 girlfriends, I'm not sure.

Margaret's Social Link is a big pain to do.  You have to fuse personas to get the persona that she is asking for with a specific skill (you have to get it to inherit the skill from the fusion material personas).  Since the compendium carries onto New Game+ you can just save the ones you need there so you can do her social link  easy each time without having to fuse it again.

Message 2 of 8 (153 Views)
Wastelander
562 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Erthkwake wrote:

Do you realize that by asking this, you are using a guide on the internet?

What a great question, thing is, it's not asking, it's seeking advice

Because this game, I don't know if you even play it, give you like 1 year to max 20 Social Link, along the way, leveling up and beat dungeon, max your social status by reading book, do chores, basic Social Sims stuff. and if you mess up at least 1 day wrong, your chance of finishing everything 100% is lower, Now I messed up alot, and there are lots of guide on the Internet that give you linear path to follow, and I don't want to use it, I want to play it my own way, but I'm afraid I can't get my 100%, so I'm seeking advice from Vetaran P4 players like PapaWarlock, who max all Social Link and still have time to spare, not asking you, not to be rude really Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Sorry for the useless reply.  I fixed it.

Message 4 of 8 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Okay thank you man Smiley Happy I will keep this in mind lol, yeah sorry for the not so good first impression Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 8 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

You also only have a tiny bit of time to complete Naoto's social link (once you get to that point).  Keep that in mind too.

Message 6 of 8 (131 Views)
Wastelander
562 posts

Jan 1, 2013
When can I get Kanji?
Message 7 of 8 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

I am currently working on maxing out the social links but I am on my 2nd play through and I'm not using a guide for it.

Here are some tips from me.

• Your first play should focus on maxing out your stats (Courage, Expression, Knowledge, Diligence, Understanding). Having these 5 stats maxed will make it much easier on the 2nd play to max out the social links. Some social links require very high personal stats. You can't start Naoto for example unless Knowledge is maxed (I think it's Knowledge, sorry I don't have the game available at the moment.) Some of the link progressions also require specific stat levels, such as progressing Nanako requires Understanding to be at the Motherly or higher level.
  • Always have a Persona of the appropriate type with you whenever you are interacting. Such as having a Magician Persona on you as you work on Yosuke. This will provide maximum points whenever you are in between rank ups.
  • Adachi can only be raised to level 6 initially. (I am trying to avoid spoilers.) You will eventually be able to finish his up but you have to wait a while. So hit level 6 with him ASAP.
  • Work on non teammate links first. Most of your teammates are available still after Dec. (But if you don't go for Marie, the game will end in Dec, if not before that depending on your choices.) Most of the non-teammate related links such as the Tutored Child and Young Mother aren't available after Dec. (I could be mistaken though.)
  • Kanji is found in the Practice Building on certain days. He will be on the 1st floor. He is not in the main school building.
  • Fool and Judgement links are automatic. I am pretty sure these willl always be maxed by story progression.
  • Actually Teddie is to a point as well. Always be nice to him. His final rank up occurs in November, depending on how you handle the events that take place then. (I am desperately trying to avoid spoilers.)
  • If someone calls you up, accept. Don't decline unless you've already maxed their link out. Even then I suggest going with the flow.
  • You can have multiple girlfriends. There aren't any real repurcussions that I've experienced other than the others will be sad if you don't hang with them but if you have multiple team mate lovers it can be a bit awkward if you use the Talk option in a dungeon rather than encourage such as with Chie and Yukiko.
  • Margaret will require several fusions. You will likely need a guide on how to fuse the right Personas to get the right skills. The final rank up for Margaret can't be done until after July when you're able to do the higher level fusions. It is much easier to max Margaret out in the 2nd play.
  • If you play on Easy, you can easily do your dungeon run in one night, thus freeing up valuable time for quests and link progression.

I hope this helps you some. If you have more questions just ask here and I'll up date later. It's time for bed now. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8 (118 Views)
0 Likes