Sep 18 2012
By: TelevisionSky First Son 1 posts

Massive flaws in Sony's buisness strategy that need attention

2 replies 75 views Edited Sep 18, 2012

I just purchased a Sony Vita, and while it is a nice system it has a large number of glaring errors in certain areas, seeing this and wanting to see them fixed brought me here to make a post about it to add my vote into the hundreds of fans already voicing their concern.

Next up: Making it so we can't get certain PSP games will insure a healthy interest in piracy on the Vita. Piracy will always be an option for those who just enjoy doing it, however only the most hardcore usually go in for that sort of thing, those slightly less hardcore are usually only drawn into the piracy scene to do something that the company isn't allowing them to do. I first modded my PS2 to swap discs so I could play an imported copy of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Final Fantasy X International for example, something Sony didn't want my American consumer self to be able to do.

Basically: The longer you make it so that we (the consumers) can't pay you for a copy of Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, the more you'll see a rise in internet searches relating to how to pirate the game onto the system. (This specific game may be more of an issue with SquareEnix, and I realize that, and on that note I'll probably go post something similar on their boards, however there are other examples of this).

Anyway, just some thoughts, there are several other smaller issues, but nothing I feel I could have any new input on.

All that said: I like the Vita a lot and hope it can become all that was promised.

Message 1 of 3 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: Massive flaws in Sony's buisness strategy that need attention

Sep 18, 2012
SONY are scared when it comes to piracy. they dont think if you bought something, you have total control over it.
i dont blame them because they usually lose lot of money due to piracy but sue people because they cracked open their own stuff they bought isnt good. if hackers can bring ps2 games and full remote play to vita i will hack my vita without any second thoughts. sony isnt going to do it. sony is slow when it comes to updates put games out and other support.

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Message 2 of 3 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Re: Massive flaws in Sony's buisness strategy that need attention

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

^^ yes, plus developers won't support the Vita if it gets cracked. Half of the ones that should be onboard probably avoid it bcos of the PSP's piracy issues

Message 3 of 3 (61 Views)
0 Likes