Mar 20 2017
By: ShadowCrowMan Lombax Warrior 162 posts

Massive Flop (Mass Effect Andromeda)

[ Edited ]
47 replies 2411 views Edited Mar 20, 2017

Looks like i did the right thing by cancelling my Andromeda pre-order reviews are live and it currently sits at a 75 with 32 reviews in.

PlayStation Universe 8.0

Gameinformer 8.0

IGN 7.7

Gamespot 7.0

PlayStation Lifestyle 6.5

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/mass-effect-andromeda/critic-reviews

Thanks EA for ruining a great series. I think i am gonna play though the original series instead of this trash. I wish microsoft would kept this IP.....

Message 1 of 48 (2,411 Views)
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Re: Massive Flop (Mass Effect Andromeda)

Mar 20, 2017

ShadowCrowMan wrote:

Looks like i did the right thing by cancelling my Andromeda pre-order reviews are live and it currently sits at a 75 with 32 reviews in.

PlayStation Universe 8.0

Gameinformer 8.0

IGN 7.7

Gamespot 7.0

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/mass-effect-andromeda/critic-reviews

Thanks EA for ruining a great series. I think i am gonna play though the original series instead of this trash. I wish microsoft would kept this IP.....

A 75 doesn't mean it is a bad game, it just means it is not a "OMG this game is freaking awesome" type of game.

Message 2 of 48 (2,396 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Mar 20, 2017

murphdawg1 wrote:

ShadowCrowMan wrote:

PlayStation Universe 8.0

Gameinformer 8.0

IGN 7.7

Gamespot 7.0

A 75 doesn't mean it is a bad game, it just means it is not a "OMG this game is freaking awesome" type of game.

75 medicore trash = wait till under 20$

Message 3 of 48 (2,392 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1111 posts

Mar 20, 2017
Don't give a crap what the score is on metacritic, I'll be buying the game anyway because I want to play it.

Don't really care for critics opinions unless a game is panned across the board which a 75 does not indicate. That's the problem in today's market, people don't even read the reviews, they just look for an aggregate score, that tells you nothing.

I don't plan on buying the game for another couple of weeks though, I'm just finishing up Horizon Zero Dawn so dont want to jump into another big questy game straight away. Plus here in EU we had a deal to spend €50 in March and get €10 in April, so I'll put that towards MEA and they'll probably have patched some of the issues

Until then I think I'll give Tearaway a try or my play unravel which I bought a few weeks ago
Message 4 of 48 (2,364 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Mar 20, 2017

PhillyK87 wrote:
Don't give a crap what the score is on metacritic, I'll be buying the game anyway because I want to play it.

Don't really care for critics opinions unless a game is panned across the board which a 75 does not indicate. That's the problem in today's market, people don't even read the reviews, they just look for an aggregate score, that tells you nothing.

I don't plan on buying the game for another couple of weeks though, I'm just finishing up Horizon Zero Dawn so dont want to jump into another big questy game straight away. Plus here in EU we had a deal to spend €50 in March and get €10 in April, so I'll put that towards MEA and they'll probably have patched some of the issues

Until then I think I'll give Tearaway a try or my play unravel which I bought a few weeks ago

I rather have a reviewer tell me if its good or bad then some random sheep off the streets. But hey i bet you brought Horzion Zero Dawn because reviews said it was good Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 48 (2,354 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Mar 20, 2017
Ahh Microsoft never owned the IP. But yeah the new game sucks. I tried the free trial and it was a huge let down. Graphics look from last gen. Animations are no different all walk around like robots. BF1 looked gorgeous but ME:A is crap? They use the same engine. This new BW team are so so overrated, more interested bring SJW then a game developement studio. Hell Witcher 3 still looks and plays better then this garbage. EA needs to bring back the doctors or shut the doors on BW.
Message 6 of 48 (2,353 Views)
Wastelander
852 posts

Mar 20, 2017

7s and 8s indicate a "massive flop"?  It's my understanding that on the standard 1-10 scale, a 5 is meant to signify an average game.  Anything above 5 indicates an above-average game.  That's how it should be at least.  Instead, people figure that anything below and 8 must be outright terrible.  That's why we have review outlets like IGN that very rarely rate anything beneath a 7. 

Photobucket
Message 7 of 48 (2,352 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Mar 20, 2017

bowhunter4L wrote:
Ahh Microsoft never owned the IP. But yeah the new game sucks. I tried the free trial and it was a huge let down. Graphics look from last gen. Animations are no different all walk around like robots. BF1 looked gorgeous but ME:A is crap? They use the same engine. This new BW team are so so overrated, more interested bring SJW then a game developement studio. Hell Witcher 3 still looks and plays better then this garbage. EA needs to bring back the doctors or shut the doors on BW.

The series was a originally a Xbox 360 published by microsoft exclusive before. EA brought The publishing rights.  

Message 8 of 48 (2,343 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Mar 20, 2017

Mylo_Cordana wrote:

7s and 8s indicate a "massive flop"?  It's my understanding that on the standard 1-10 scale, a 5 is meant to signify an average game.  Anything above 5 indicates an above-average game.  That's how it should be at least.  Instead, people figure that anything below and 8 must be outright terrible.  That's why we have review outlets like IGN that very rarely rate anything beneath a 7. 

Yet IGN Rated this a 7.7 lol this game is trash period only the sheep defend this game

Message 9 of 48 (2,341 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1111 posts

Mar 20, 2017

ShadowCrowMan wrote:

PhillyK87 wrote:

I rather have a reviewer tell me if its good or bad then some random sheep off the streets. But hey i bet you brought Horzion Zero Dawn because reviews said it was good Smiley Wink

Sheep follow the herd, thats what you are doing exactly by the reaction you have had to the metacritic score. How is 75 average bad?

I don't go to critics for reviews, I buy games I'm interested in and watch some gameplay vids before I buy. Horizon was worth every cent for me, don't care what anyone else thinks. I didn't buy for them.

Message 10 of 48 (2,331 Views)