Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 27 2013
By: Jigaaan First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Mario or Crash bandicoot or analog?

[ Edited ]
3 replies 150 views Edited Mar 20, 2014

Hey guys. I recently bought ps3 (my first console ever) and my gf wanted to try it as well, but she is more into those old school games like mario, crash bandicoot etc. So i was wondering, is it possible to download it / buy it somewhere in PSN? If not those particular 2, then mb something similar, like Sonic mb? Because when i went to the stores, they said that they dont have it.

Thanks for reply in advance!

Mod Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8002 posts

Re: Mario or Crash bandits or analog?

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013

All three of the first Crash Bandicoot games are on the USN store.

LittleBigPlanet is similar to Mario, it is a side scrolling platformer, but you can make your own levels and stuff, so that might be another option. You will both be able to play it together as well. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10981 posts

Re: Mario or Crash bandicoot or analog?

Dec 27, 2013

The Super Mario Bros. franchise is a Nintendo exclusive. Nintendo owns the rights to the games and designs them. The majority of Mario games can only be found on Nintendo platforms across the world.

As for Crash Bandicoot, the first few titles in the series can be purchased for about $5.99 each through the PlayStation Store. This would include the games created by Naughty Dog, not the other developers whose titles went to Vivendi... a company under the Activision/Blizzard umbrella.

Sonic games can be found on the PlayStation 3 as well. However, these will not all be the classic games of old. There are the classic Sonics available for download (the first two, at least). There's a Sonic 4 out there, if memory serves. And then there's the newer ones such as Sonic the Hedgehog, one of history's best-known disgraces for the series.

Other platform games that come to mind for the PlayStation 3 that aren't strictly these series would include the Jak and Daxter Collection, Papo and Yo, LittleBigPlanet, the Sly Cooper series, the Ratchet and Clank series, Pandemonium (another PlayStation Classic), and Bit. Trip Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien just to name a few other sources to look into.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (138 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Mario or Crash bandicoot or analog?

Dec 27, 2013
Thanks guys for info! That helped, gonna go try to find crash in the store then. Have a nice holiday!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (135 Views)
0 Likes