Highlighted
Sep 05 2010
By: Deansterdc Lombax Warrior 168 posts

Making it possible to change Online ID

5 replies 31 views Edited Sep 5, 2010

I know this has been a highly asked feature for Sony to make for PlayStation Network. I am surprised they don't let you yet. I think its fair for them too charge a small free like that "Other" console does If someone wants to change their name for fun they should be able too or if someone needs to change it for important reasons like they are being harassed or something of that sort on PSN they should be able to change their Online ID/gamer tag for a small fee. I also really think you should be able to permanently delete an account, instead of just leaving it there floating around unused in the digital world. A lot of sites or ppl seem to not let you delete an account I have no idea why its quite annoying.

Message 1 of 6 (31 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Re: Making it possible to change Online ID

Sep 5, 2010
I agree. I wish sony would add this. The japanese have it, aso aso lol
Message 2 of 6 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Sep 5, 2010

There's already a thread discussing changing our IDs you might have missed seeing:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/Please-add-the-ability-to-change-your-PSN-ID-...

Message 3 of 6 (31 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 18, 2010

i wanna change my online id. 

Message 4 of 6 (31 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 12, 2011

Why is this not being done?   People need to change thier online ID's while maintaning our trophies and game data.  Seriously, what if you're little sister signed you up as pink fairy?  lol  No but seriously, Sony, please make this available, it seems like such a simple task.

Message 5 of 6 (31 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Nov 13, 2011

I'd like to see this as well,but disagree with the original poster of this thread in charging a fee.I was drawn to the playstation console over the "other console" because online play was free.LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY

-after we purchased a console for $299 plus

-new titles are atleast $50

-year old titles are $40

-gratest hits titles $20- and no body plays these online,MLB the show 2010 you couldnt even connect online a month before 2011 was comming out

-a second 6 axis controller is like $40 and it doesnt come w/ USB cord so thats extra $10-$15

-NO HDMI cord for HD televisions another $25

-most got to have DLC for titles range from $2.99- $75 <---see DC Universe online DLC

-good headsets are $50-$60 and im not talking blu-tooth

and so on and thats only the tip of the iceberg,now dont get me wrong I am not complaining I love sony and im a gamer,it's just that im not rich like many others out there.Gaming is an investment if your serious about it..sometimes i regret my choice in online ID's,I may keep it even but it would be nice to know the option is there. Example Ive had a psn ID for some time,my girlfriends kid got a psp i set it up with my existing ID,we no longer live together,now he is able to change my info,avatar,and account settings,so being able to change ID's would be great in this instance

@Hosnor that link you posted has nothing to do with this topic,its a link to a topic aking when the 4 new levels of COD were coming out,you must of been sleep walking when you replied to this thread. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Message 6 of 6 (31 Views)
0 Likes