Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Re: Make More Teen Games!

Oct 3, 2012

I just thought of something; if your parents actually understand and are willing to talk, certain games allow you to turn off the blood and language even though they are rated M. While that wouldn't turn the rating from M to T, it might be a compromise your parents may be willing to make. When I played the demo for Brutal Legend, it allowed me to turn off the language and blood in the game. It doesn't really offer any promises, but it might be worth doing some research.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Message 11 of 15 (75 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Oct 3, 2012

@Dark_arc. Thankyou for all the posts and suggestions.I'll look into it :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------
A proud Playstation owner since Dec 08!
Facebook - ChihuahuaPS3
Twitter - @ChihuahuaPS3
Youtube - ChihuahuaPS3
Message 12 of 15 (64 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18721 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Chihuahua21099 wrote:

Im not allowed to buy M games so why don't game companies make more teen games like- 

( Gta cod SleepingDogs Assassins creed) etc. With less language and stuff? 

Trust me, when you reach the age in which you can buy M rated games you will be saying "Please make more M rated games"

The Uncharted series is a great T rated

Batman Arkham Asylum & Arkham City are outstanding T rated games.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 13 of 15 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Oct 3, 2012

@Dark_arc  I had some friends whose parents were strict when it came to buying videogames and watching movies. They missed out on a lot of good games due to their parents feeling the games were too violent. I guess i'm just too dumb to think someone out there will actually commit the same violence they find in videogames.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 15 (51 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

EvilrCrow wrote:

@Dark_arc  I had some friends whose parents were strict when it came to buying videogames and watching movies. They missed out on a lot of good games due to their parents feeling the games were too violent. I guess i'm just too dumb to think someone out there will actually commit the same violence they find in videogames.

Guess you werent around when every major media outlet blamed violent video games as the reason for violence in our society and the incidients that happened to coincidentally be committed at the same time.

You must not have heard of US Senator Joe Lieberman who wanted to outright ban video games almost through the entire decade of the 1990's and even the early part of the 2000's.... among the many others who think video games were the primary source of violence.

And in actuality, there have been some pretty horrid crimes where the suspects made a statement that they got their ideas from playing video games, or at least thats what the media wanted the people to believe.

Fact is.... there is a direct correlation with the way our youth behaves towards one another and towards people of authority, in relation to how good/bad their parents were/are/is especially with the things they watch/witness from other sources of stimulation.

I recently had to do a 15page research paper for my psychology class final and I researched for close to 6 months....
If you do the same research, you can see how children who are allowed to do whatever they want and play whatever video games they want (which are often games that are not for their age group) have a tendency to disrespect anyone and everyone vs the kids who were raised very well.
There are even videos of PARENTS egging on their children to behave badly for their parents own amusement.

Sorry.... but your statement couldn't be any further skewed.

Plus.... anybody who "missed out on some great games" because they were violent and were not of age to play due to the ESRB rating..... thats the reason why we have things like ebay, craigslist, google etc etc.... they can use the interner to experience these games that they weren't able to enjoy previously.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 15 of 15 (47 Views)