Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Re: Make ID Changing EXCLUSIVE to Playstation Plus!!

Jul 2, 2010

I usually delete names I don't recognize, so it's a pretty retarded idea. You don't like your name make a new account.

Also, lastly I just wanted to say that your really wasting your time reading this since it's my sig
Message 21 of 31 (11 Views)
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Jul 2, 2010

i would love to change my name <---- look at it i made this name almost 5 years ago ! im 21 years old now i dont want a tag screaming im a stoner noob but i also dont want to throw away 5 years in gaming because i dont like my name now, my try hard pants dont fit as good as they used too lol

Message 22 of 31 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1601 posts

Jul 2, 2010

BcBuD4200 wrote:

i would love to change my name <---- look at it i made this name almost 5 years ago ! im 21 years old now i dont want a tag screaming im a stoner noob but i also dont want to throw away 5 years in gaming because i dont like my name now, my try hard pants dont fit as good as they used too lol

See; this is a perfect reason why they need this feature. And almost all people I know who name changes always sends messages to everyone to notify their name change.

JOB: Electronic Arts QA Tester

Message 23 of 31 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jul 2, 2010

^^ agreed, I'm not wasting 2 more years of my life collecting trophies all the way up to level 9 again!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 31 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jul 4, 2010

The 2 features I would like to see added to Plus are:

PSNID name change: Possibly only once a year and for a fee. This gives people the ability to evolve as gamers and change their ID's.

Xcross game chat: So everyone will quit complaining about not having it. I would NEVER use this feature.

Add these 2 and I think Plus would be absolutely perfect.

Get your Portable ID!

follow me - twitter.com/ghostofvincentp
Message 25 of 31 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11498 posts

Jul 4, 2010

I wouldn't want to change my name, but this would be a great option for those who do. I know I changed my GT on my 360 twice already.

LastShot-
Message 26 of 31 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29410 posts

Jul 4, 2010

Sony's reasons for not allowing screen name changes have little to do with money, so Sony isn't going to make it a feature of Playstation Plus.  Sony doesn't allow screen name changes because they believe that making you keep the same name for your account encourages better behavior by members throughout the PSN.  Sony isn't going to give that up just to sell more Plus subscriptions. There are technical issues with changing screen names as well.  Unless the network is designed to do that from the start, it is very difficult to change it everywhere that it needs to be changed, without leaving any references to the old name behind. It wouldn't be worth the trouble to Sony, or even be profitable, in the long run.  If Sony ever does allow screen name changes, it will be something you earn; not something you buy.  It is one of those things were the people that you could allow to do it without any risk, are generally people that wouldn't want it done anyway, because their current name has a good reputation associated with it that would take years to establish with a new name.

GKP
Message 27 of 31 (11 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jul 4, 2010

I want this option paying or without paying, change your PSN ID is a great idea.

Message 28 of 31 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 5, 2010

BUT IT MAKES YOU AWESOME!

Message 29 of 31 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Jul 5, 2010

I wouldn't use it, but I know people want it, so it isn't my place to say that just because I don't want to use it's worthless.

Take back the future
Message 30 of 31 (11 Views)
0 Likes