Nov 04 2012
By: looki_feaar First Son 5 posts

Major Problem with my Ps3

6 replies 397 views Edited Nov 4, 2012

Hey Guys :3 ,I'm having a little problem on my HD, When I was updating to version 4.31, at  51% it gave an error (8002F1F0), and restarted the console and back, and gave the same error, causing a loop update, took another HD,updating  with the same firmware, and gave the same error,  formatted boths HDS in FAT32, and tried, same error again and formatted again with firmware 4.30 but gave the same error and got this loop, so I decided to format the hard drive to NTFS because I had seen a topic that would wrk with it, but when he entered to Recovery mode and chose the fifth option, gave a error (8002F182), tried formatted in FAT32 again my HD and updated with firmware 4.25, which was my old version that was before upgrading, but got  the same error (8002F1F0) Please I need urgent help, because my father is already on my foot complaining that it was my fault and he lost his save from GTA4.

(Sorry for my english, I´m Brazillian so I don´t get everything right. ^^)

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (397 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23654 posts

Re: Major Problem with my Ps3

Nov 4, 2012

looki_feaar wrote:

Hey Guys :3 ,I'm having a little problem on my HD, When I was updating to version 4.31, at  51% it gave an error (8002F1F0), and restarted the console and back, and gave the same error, causing a loop update, took another HD,updating  with the same firmware, and gave the same error,  formatted boths HDS in FAT32, and tried, same error again and formatted again with firmware 4.30 but gave the same error and got this loop, so I decided to format the hard drive to NTFS because I had seen a topic that would wrk with it, but when he entered to Recovery mode and chose the fifth option, gave a error (8002F182), tried formatted in FAT32 again my HD and updated with firmware 4.25, which was my old version that was before upgrading, but got  the same error (8002F1F0) Please I need urgent help, because my father is already on my foot complaining that it was my fault and he lost his save from GTA4.

(Sorry for my english, I´m Brazillian so I don´t get everything right. ^^)

Thanks!

There's the problem. There's a misconception that you format the PS3 hard drive to FAT32. You don't. You have to let the console format it. The console will only recognize an EXTERNAL hard drive that's formatted to FAT32. Second, if you have a flash drive, download the latest update to it, and then update via storage media. A footnoted to this, you said you're in Brazil. You have to use the update for Brazil. This is the US site, and if you update with the firmware from the US site, it's going to cause problems. You can find directions here as well as the Latin American update; 

http://latam.playstation.com/soporte/actualizacionesdelsistema/ps3/spanish/index.htm?latamlocale=mx

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 4, 2012

Ok , 2 things, when I placed the 2º HD for the first time , he recognized the HD and saied to format it ,but now , when I insert the HD , it all ready go to the Firmware Update, saying to insert a flash drive , I insert , it starts to update, but If it´s on FAT32, it finish all perfectly and restart the Ps3, but when he is going to Istall the FIrmware, at the 39% give the error (8002F1F0) . And If it´s on NTFS , Show the same thing , just to Install the Firmware, but it fails at the first attempt giving the error (8002F182) , You saied to let the console format it, but it don´t show anymore to format :C .

2º I´m from brazil but my Ps3 is from America, Number 2 ^^' 

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (338 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23654 posts

Nov 4, 2012

looki_feaar wrote:

Ok , 2 things, when I placed the 2º HD for the first time , he recognized the HD and saied to format it ,but now , when I insert the HD , it all ready go to the Firmware Update, saying to insert a flash drive , I insert , it starts to update, but If it´s on FAT32, it finish all perfectly and restart the Ps3, but when he is going to Istall the FIrmware, at the 39% give the error (8002F1F0) . And If it´s on NTFS , Show the same thing , just to Install the Firmware, but it fails at the first attempt giving the error (8002F182) , You saied to let the console format it, but it don´t show anymore to format :C .

2º I´m from brazil but my Ps3 is from America, Number 2 ^^' 

Thanks!

Forget about formatting the drive to FAT32. The PS3 doesn't use that file system, and has to encrypt the drive itself. That's the problem you're running into, and that's the biggest piece of misinformation out there. You DO NOT format the drive before you put it in the cosole. It has to be a "clean slate".  Back up whatever data you have on it now if you can, then WIPE the drive completely, erasing everything. And then follow the instructions on installing a new drive TO THE LETTER. Don't do anything except what it tells you to.  

http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/362/kw/replacing%20hard%20drive

Or if you don't want to do that, try a factory restore. That will restore your PS3 to the settings that it shipped from the factory. If you have a US model PS3, then us the US update. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (329 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 4, 2012
Ok , i´ll try to do what the website says, BRB
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (326 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2012

Oh , now that I´ve got what you´re saying, I need from a New HD (A Clean one), Right? because the others 2  I´ve already formatted. Sorry if I din´t understand before.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Ok, Now the problem Is , I've got a new 80GB Hd , Plugged at Ps3 , and Turned on, It has the option to Formatt, i've formatted , and on the update, at 59% the same problem , error (8001F1F0) , I'm Getting really nervous , I've got the new HD , but nothing , gave the same error /: Please , I need help :c
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (249 Views)
0 Likes