Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 132 (194 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: MY PS3 WON'T READ DISCS!?!?!

Dec 13, 2007
Guys,

My first ps3 stopped working after having it for 4 days. Sony wouldn't help because i got it from hong kong. I pulled that sucker apart and replaced the laser as that was the recommended fix. Sorry to say, bloody thing didn't work. Still got the same problem..

Any hints....and don't say change the laser.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 132 (194 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1284 posts

Dec 13, 2007
That sux dude I had the same problem with my 20g every time I see a new update I get nervous
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 132 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3032 posts

Dec 13, 2007
You guys need to chill out.

Ok here is a check list for you to run through for things not to do with any video game system:

1. Don't place the system up agenst a wall, or inside a closed space. It needs all the room it can get to vent air from it so it can do what it has too do.

2. Don't instal forigen software onto the system! Make sure everything you get is officaly approved by Sony or else your going to run into issues!

3. Don't place your System on the floor of your bassment, or on a carpet floor!

4. Keep it at least 10 feet away from vents in your house!

5. Don't stand it up right! It may look cool, but let me tell you it will get hotter than a Valcaino when it's going to blow it's stack if you do this!

6. Always clean the system. (BTW not with a wet rag! Water + PS3 = Shocking and possably deadly outcome!) Use a swifter duster or something made for cleaning electronics it may cost more but it will not harm the system!

7. Any new HardDrive you instal must I repeat must be a Searal ATA 2 Hard drive! If it's not you will be at a high risk for total system fail, or worse what just happened to you.

8. And last but not least: Always plug your System into a surge protecting power strip! Don't just go out and buy a cheap $10.00 eathier! Get ones that are certifide! They will say so on the cover, or back of the package!
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 132 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6165 posts

Dec 13, 2007
Ahh man.... your PS3 is broken. Youre gonna have to pay 150 extra bucks if you send it in without the reciept. Sorry man.

RemyLabue wrote:
System worked fine until the 1.93 update.

Now when I insert a disc, (CD, DVD, BRay, PS3 Game, PS2 Game, PS1 Game, Etc), it won't autoplay, and it won't give me the option to play in the crossbar menu. Games won't show up in the games sections, movies won't show up in the video section, and music won't show up in the musc section of the crossbar.

I called Playstation Tech Support, and they had me reboot, clean disc, reset sys to defaults, etc, nothing worked and now they want me to replace the system, if I have the reciept, which I don't. Bought the thing on launch day back in November, it's a 60gig model. Anyone have any ideas? Already took a can of air to the thing.

----------------------------------------------------
The Many Stages of the PlayStation Forums
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
60GB YLOD: Jan. 07 - Aug. 10
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 132 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
939 posts

Dec 13, 2007
Mine does this from time to time but usually if i just pop the disk out wait a second and pop it back in it will then read the disk. I must admit I never had this problem till after one of the updates this fall (can't remember which one). It does make one wonder if the updates are not causeing a problem with the laser or something, or if it isn't sopme sort of firmware issue ware the system is reading the disk but the xmb just isn't showing it.
Leader of the Star Wars Alliance Gaming Clan
Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 Legend
PSN JM_Obi-Wan
http://www.swaclansite.com
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 132 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Dec 20, 2007
MIne just broke 1 hour ago.

How long does it take for a new to come because i bought it from the internet

http://www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk/sites/itemview.asp?productx=KDL40W3000%20AND%20PLAYSTATION3&;title=Sony%20KDL40W3000%20AND%20PLAYSTATION3%20Discount%20Deals%20Glasgow

Message Edited by Ali_1994 on 12-20-2007 06:58 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 132 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Dec 20, 2007
Hi guys,

Please try this and let me know if it works:

First, check if your PS3 spins the disc or not. To do that, insert a disc and pay attention to the label position. Wait for a few seconds and then eject it. If the label is in the same position, it means it's not spinning. In that case, you should do the following:

Put your PS3 in stand-by (pressing the I/O button at the front)
Turn OFF your PS3 using the switch in the back
Press the I/O button in the front and keep pressing, while you turn ON the switch in the back (keep pressing the I/O in the front)
Without releasing the I/O in the front, you should hear a "beep" (typical of a hard reset). Keep pressing the I/O button in the front until you hear a second "beep". Then release the I/O button and you will see the screen for a "Hard Reset"
Now, insert another disc (different from the one that caused your problem, although I don't think this is important)
Configure the PS3 and the game should begin without any problem.

If that doesn't work, I read the PS3 Drive can be reset by pressing and holding the "eject" button for more than 10 seconds.

Hope it works! Let us know how it went.
Best Regards

Darksun
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 132 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Dec 20, 2007
Hi Ali,

Check if the disc ejects in the same position as you inserted it. Look at the image printed on the surface of the disc, that's what I mean by label.
Best Regards

Darksun

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 132 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Dec 20, 2007
Ill try that out.

step one: it wont spin

Message Edited by Ali_1994 on 12-20-2007 07:07 AM