First Son
6 posts

Re: MY PS3 IS RUINING MY DISCS!!!!

Jul 20, 2009

I just started a new thread on what may be the same issue

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&message.id=3951608&jump=true#...

Any new information about this?

Message 21 of 29 (79 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1316 posts

Jul 20, 2009

Johnson-Nick-55 wrote:
There shouldn't be any liquids inside of ANY electronic devices.   not sure why the disc's come out wet, maybe you had something on your fingers, or you spilled something?

wow theres no lube inside your ps3's motor so it an spin the disc or any thing
Message 22 of 29 (79 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
972 posts

Jul 20, 2009

HolmWrecker wrote:

The entire purpose of AC is to remove moisture. AC does not make cold air, it removes the water from the air and what's left is cooler air.

The only way it could condensate water is to have it out side on a cold day and take it into a warm building, even then the moisture is gone in mere seconds.

The cooler the better for PS3's.

What if a AC don't make air cold with a coolant why dus it have Freon like a refrigerator or freezer it cools air by moving air over a cold radiator and if you have it cool your house rely cold when you ps3 heats up it will make condensation in the systems and the greas in the Barings is a lithium past not a liquid so that wouldn't be the culprit is go with transfer from a disc or condensation

i am dyslexic don't bather flaming for spelling and punctuation errors it will do no good and make you look like a fool for poking fun at the handicapped

Get your Portable ID!
Message 23 of 29 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jul 20, 2009
There is definitely small amounts of grease on the gears but very very small and not really near the disc so I dont know how it will get up there on the disc? Unless it is spinning out of control and spitting everything around in your blu ray drive
Message 24 of 29 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
610 posts

Jul 20, 2009
Maybe a capacitor blew inside your ps3 (or is the process of blowing) and gunked your ps3...
Message 25 of 29 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 9, 2009
Hey this problem is now happening to me.  I thought that it was weird to see a clear-like substance on my disc.  I went to eject the game that I had in the PS3 and when the disc came out It was wet with something.  The Disc drive makes a noise when putting a disc into the PS3, to me it sounds like what ever wheels that grab the disc are slipping on the liquid?  Lucky I'm still under Warranty.  My Unit is only 6mo old.  Just knew my luck something would happen and sure enough.... I'll stop crying I guess and just ship it back.  Thanx Sony, for the inconvenience " Quality Control. "
Message 26 of 29 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 9, 2012
I think its overheating,... Cause its melting the protective layer of blue ray discs on mine too... :/
Message 27 of 29 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 9, 2012

ejk5401 wrote:
I think its overheating,... Cause its melting the protective layer of blue ray discs on mine too... :/

You mean the white spots/cloudiness?

Its a known fact that the coating on certain batches of printed discs came out to be bad where they looked as if the drive itself was at fault which was not the case.....

Whether or not Sony or any other publisher or developer would replace the affected discs.... I dont know

Furiously Chaosing
Message 28 of 29 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3321 posts

Oct 10, 2012
if thats the case which i seriously doubt that would mean your ps3 is close to ignition...
gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 29 of 29 (61 Views)
0 Likes