Highlighted
Aug 20 2012
By: SWORN_LEADER First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

MW2 Fetching Playlists...Stuck

2 replies 1318 views Edited Aug 20, 2012

Have been trying to play MW2 online but everytime i select find game it just stays at Fetching Playlist... Updating ranks...  I have forwarded the ports, disabled and enabled UPnP, Disabled and enabled DMZ, nothing. PS3 is wired via ethernet to a Verizon Actiontec GT704 WGB firmware 30.17.0. PS3 version 4.21 and MW2 version 1.13 (just updated), I even deleted the game data utility for mw2 and reinstalled, same thing. Any help is greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 3 (1,318 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: MW2 Fetching Playlists...Stuck

Aug 20, 2012

Sorry To the mods, I Just realized I Posted in the General Discussion Threads, If it could please be moved to the correct area

Message 2 of 3 (1,317 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: MW2 Fetching Playlists...Stuck

Aug 24, 2012

Found a Solution. 

Load Game and enter the multiplayer area then click on " Play Online" While stuck at fetching playlists, click the "PS" button, go to far right option and while "Account Management" is highlighted press the triangle button, select "sign out", the game will bypass the fetching playlists and go to select type of match, (while still signed out) select team deathmatch or any game and will give you an error message saying your not signed in and take you to main menu, allow the system to sign you in by selecting the appropriate promps, then go back to the find game option and will work and look for games. 

I had also disabled uPnP and forwarded all mw2 ports and enabled dmz for the ps3 buI dont think this had any effect since i was able to play other games online without those changes

Message 3 of 3 (1,306 Views)
0 Likes