Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 17 2011
By: Phenom_Evolution Wastelander 500 posts

MSA Server Updated - How is online play for you?

[ Edited ]
49 replies 409 views Edited Feb 25, 2014

A server update for MotorStorm Apocalypse was carried out during today's scheduled maintenance period which should further improve online play and reduce connectivity issues.

Your feedback on the quality and stability of online play would be appreciated in light of this server update. If you experience any issues please let us know in this discussion: include the date, time and your location when you encountered the issue and describe it as best you can, to help us to pinpoint areas of improvement and focus on them for future updates.

Edit: Added label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 50 (409 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Re: MSA Server Updated - How is online play for you?

Oct 17, 2011

I still can not play on-line.

I played one single race, and got disconnected before the end.

I am trying to connect right now, and I'm still getting the same server errors I show in youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkfHC6mpMFE

Message 2 of 50 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2952 posts

Oct 17, 2011

x-D-G-A-F-x wrote:

why don't you guys just stay out of the MS:A topics

DGAF ...

SachielBr wrote:

I still can not play on-line.

I played one single race, and got disconnected before the end.

This is why 

Surger
Message 3 of 50 (409 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Oct 17, 2011

Since Phenom wants details, I'll give it...

I'm playing in portuguese, so I doesn't know how are the menu options in english... but I'll describe it anyway.

After I click in "Encontrar Jogo", I choose "Correspondência", them "Corrida" or "The Rock". After that, I get a message saying that a game could not be find that matches me.

This time, however, the game is not getting disconnected from the server. I can still see the "global" icon after the error, and I get directed to the multiplayer menu.

Message 4 of 50 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3002 posts

Oct 18, 2011

Guys please don't troll this thread...I've cleaned it up a lot.

Please give feedback in a constructive way!

Message 5 of 50 (409 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

Oct 18, 2011

I played a lot yesterday (~23:00 to 3:00 CEST 21:00-1:00 UTC) and on average I had a little over 2 disconnects per hour (not evenly distributed though).

That means about every third race! Thats not what I call improvement

I was never the only one that got kicked. Other racers - in my group or not - got kicked at the same time, too. So it seems it is not my setup, it is a game/server related problem.

Phenom, if you cannot reproduce this, I'd be happy to provide a capture of the network traffic to you. Just tell me the pcap filter I should apply (these protocols tend to get very big very fast without a filter).

If you dont know what pcap is: ask your networking team. They will know. If not, we have identified the problem already: have them fired.

SympathyCheck this out, if you like Motorstorm Rankings

RIP MSPR :smileysad: - Burn in hell Sony :smileytongue:

http://joban123.weebly.com
Message 6 of 50 (409 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Oct 18, 2011

Trolling?  lol.   Maybe  you just don't like the facts that I'm posting.

In my experience, the server connections issues persist. 

There isn't a noticeable improvement, and friends that still play the game say the same. 

Like it or not, that's factual feedback.

The most common problems:

* Game invites time out

* Can't join a friends room (time out)

* In the Lobby, and can't find an open room.  Will time out 5-10 times before finding a room.

* At the end of a race, your connection drops and you get a message about issues gathering lobby data.

* When loading a race, you experience lockups.  Game freezes and you have to re-boot.

* Lose your connection during a race

Message 7 of 50 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
678 posts

Oct 19, 2011

phenom has said that they dont get disconnects with the guys in the office.  that is bizarre and probably not a real world test.

what is the difference.

take your ps3s home, connect them up and play in your house.  and see if the results change.

It has been over 100 Days:

The "People Vs. MotorStorm Apocalypse" thread has still not been answered. and has now disappeared altogether...just like on the EU forum ha ha

...and into another weekend we go..we go..we go..we go..we go...we go...we go...

Message 8 of 50 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1593 posts

Nov 3, 2011

Just wanted to summarize after being forced to suffer through disconnection-fest, I finally got the Platinum trophy after obtaining the Double or Quts? trophy. I got a sigh of relief after obtaining it. So far, the game rarely disconnects me whenever I finish a race online, and if it does happen to me, I'm not too bothered by it anymore.

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Message 9 of 50 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2514 posts

Nov 3, 2011

MetaKraken schrieb:

Just wanted to summarize after being forced to suffer through disconnection-fest, I finally got the Platinum trophy after obtaining the Double or Quts? trophy. I got a sigh of relief after obtaining it. So far, the game rarely disconnects me whenever I finish a race online, and if it does happen to me, I'm not too bothered by it anymore.

You'll always find me anywhere in the world of PSN, whether it be earning trophies from different games, or just chilling away.

yay...the collapsed-tree-legend is back

10000 ranked wins :-)

Rudisha > Bolt
Message 10 of 50 (409 Views)
0 Likes