Jan 24 2012
By: jonboy_jlf_2004 Lombax Warrior 88 posts

MNR: RoadTrip getting online H2H via patch

8 replies 11 views Edited Jan 24, 2012

Check the 2nd page of comments in Erich Waas' blog post here. He's the Director of Product Development. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/23/online-features-in-modnation-racers-road-trip-for-ps-vita/...

Doesn't sound definitive but it sounds like they definitely want to. Let's hope it happens...and shortly after the game's release rather than months later.

Message 1 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8824 posts

Re: MNR: RoadTrip getting online H2H via patch

Jan 24, 2012

honestly even if they do have infrastructure mode in the future I'm still not interested

Message 2 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 24, 2012

That's your prerogative. Personally I'm getting the game whether it has infrastructure or not.

Message 3 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7400 posts

Jan 24, 2012

i've tried my best guys and if you guys are interested in the game join the conversation on the blog , if the community gets united they will patch the game for sure

Message 4 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Jan 24, 2012

I like his arrogance about knowing what we need better than we do. We'll see how his pulse for the market is when the game tanks on Feb 22.

Message 5 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Jan 24, 2012

I think that if they SONY wants to compete with Mario Kart, this game will HAVE to get Online H2H play.  I pre-ordered the game and will have it shortly anyway.  I love the MNR for the PS3, I'm not gonna lie to you, I was VERY disappointed to hear that there isn't online H2H, but I'll be okay...VITA!!!

CapnCwby1969 Trophy Card
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 6 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Jan 24, 2012

As much as I want it to have head to head online mode, I can see why it doesn't at this point.

Sony needs to justify the 3G model by having games that specifically benefit from essentially stat based multiplayer, 3G can't handle actual real time online multiplayer, so the ghost data etc would be the only viable option.

Once more games come out and people boycott them due to weak online modes Sony might realise that the 3G model is a niche market, tank it and then stop forcing developers into making it a main featue to build on.

Message 7 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 24, 2012

Sniffynose wrote:

As much as I want it to have head to head online mode, I can see why it doesn't at this point.

Sony needs to justify the 3G model by having games that specifically benefit from essentially stat based multiplayer, 3G can't handle actual real time online multiplayer, so the ghost data etc would be the only viable option.

Once more games come out and people boycott them due to weak online modes Sony might realise that the 3G model is a niche market, tank it and then stop forcing developers into making it a main featue to build on.

you do realize 3G was one of the features the developers asked for. just like the back touch pad and alot of the other stuff that was put into the ps vita.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 8 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Jan 24, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

Sniffynose wrote:

you do realize 3G was one of the features the developers asked for. just like the back touch pad and alot of the other stuff that was put into the ps vita.

Yup, and I guess they deserve the backfired attempt at forcing only 3G viable modes on us now. I can see a few people making good use of the 3G model but I mean here in Canada we can't even use or buy it, so cutting out massive player bases usually doesn't lead to a good function. I am guessing the next wave of games will lick their wounds and make things properly online implemented first and then add some basic 3G support for players on the go in locations without wifi, rather then making 3G the sole connection for multiplayer, we all know that the 3G networks are far too limited for proper online support, heck you can only download up to 20 megabytes via the store even with it, that alone renders it practically useless for people on the go.

Games like hot-shots golf 6 however has done a good job making mulitplayer modes for 3G they involve players taking part in tournaments and rather then watching each player in real time, it just uploads their scores as they finish and once everyone is done the final scores get updated. That is pretty much the extent of 3G use, which is why Modnation went with ghots data etc, they are small simple downloads that put little load on the network and allow people on the go to still interact with friends and be competitive, but at the same time they really should offer other more robust modes for wifi online players as well, so really there is no excuse in the end.

Message 9 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes