Mar 6, 2012

all righty

Message 22 of 33 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Re: MLB 12 The Show unable to redeem online code

Mar 7, 2012

I wasn't able to redeem it earlier but as of 6:30 central time I was able to. Already started a franchise and uploaded it to the cloud. Now when I get home I'll try out the ps3 version and see if my cloud data works correctly.

Message 23 of 33 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Mar 7, 2012

its weird i put my code in and it takes me to the screen to confirm the terms for online and it says my code is incorrect but it also says i have it already when it comes up with the red symbol that appears when you already have DL'ed something since i already redeemed my ps3 one earlier, anyone have any tips?

Message 24 of 33 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I heard that one online code works for both PS3 and Vita.

Message 25 of 33 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Mar 7, 2012

well either way i still cant download it to my vita or use the cloud the upload my RTTS player, for those of you that have gotten it to work what did you have to do? maybe im donig something wrong lol -_-

Message 26 of 33 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Well sony has officially pissed me off. I buy both version of MLB 12 the show. I put in the redeem code for the vita and it says it cannot be downloaded with the vita. I put in the ps3 code and same. But heres the kicker the vita online pass works for the Ps3 not the vita, I call sony up and they want to send me another code in 3-5 days. WTF!!!!!! this would have never happen with the DS or XBOX. I hate that I have to wait no I cant take my my game with me on the road. TWO THUMBS DOWN PLAYSTATION.

Message 27 of 33 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Mar 7, 2012

If it wouldn't have happened with DS or XBOX then go support them and quit whining on our forums.

Did you ever think maybe you are doing something wrong? No that isn't possible, has to be Sony's fault.

Message 28 of 33 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 7, 2012

Why can't I redeem the online pass for MLB 12: The Show on PS Vita?

Answer ID: 3865

For a brief period on March 6, 2012 there were issues redeeming an online pass for MLB 12: The Show on the PS Vita. If you tried to redeem an online pass and got an error message, please try again, the problem has been corrected.

If you were able to redeem the code, but couldn't download it, or it downloaded onto your PlayStation 3, please continue reading.

The issue:

• If you tried to redeem the online pass on the PS Vita, a message that states "Cannot download using a PS Vita system." was displayed.

• If you tried to redeem the PS Vita online pass code on a PlayStation 3, the code downloaded and installed, but couldn't be transferred to the PS Vita -- it activated online play for a PlayStation 3.

Resolution:

If you were affected by one of the above issues, no further action is required on your part. We will email a new code to the email address associated with your Sony Entertainment Network account (formerly PSN account) within 3-5 business days. If after 3-5 business days you haven't received your new code, please email us using this submission form.

It is an issue on Sony's end.  Vita users have not done anything wrong.  Unfortunately we have to wait in order to play MLB 12: The Show Online.

Message 29 of 33 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I am also having an online pass issue with Unit 13.  If Sony really wanted the Vita to be a success, they would cut the prices of digital games and remove Online pass from digital games.  Instead of using a code for a digital game, they could automatically verify your psn ID when you log into the digital game for the first time.  If your PSN ID is the same as the one who purchased the game, you would be verified automatically...if not, you could buy an online pass on the psn store. 

PSN passes already screw over people with friends...I hate how I can't bring a multiplayer game to a friends house and play local+online.  I don't like the idea of buying a lisence to play a game on one console and one account, I don't really OWN the game if I am restricted to where, when and how I can play it. 

Message 30 of 33 (1,502 Views)
0 Likes