Highlighted
May 09 2013
By: boba1019 Monster Hunter 43 posts

MESSAGING!

6 replies 138 views Edited May 9, 2013

Perhaps! I am throwing it out there as an small but interesting UPDATE/Patch idea!

Perhaps SONY can add a note within their next PS3 update that can include a new feature for PS Messaging > a saving option, to where it as an added option (pressing Triangle) so where it allows the user to "SAVE" message(s) as a separate "file".  THANKS!

Message 1 of 7 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Re: MESSAGING!

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

You can already "protect" messages. What advantage would saving them to a different file offer?

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 2 of 7 (124 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
9466 posts

May 9, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

You can already "protect" messages. What advantage would saving them to a different file offer?

Because if you ever have to do a "Rebuild Database" on your PS3, all your messages will be deleted. Even the messages that you "Protect". Maybe that different file could be somewhere that "Rebuilt Database" willl not delete the message.

When I want to save a PSN message, I copy and paste the message and send it to myself in an Email. That way, even if my PS3 dies in a fire, I can just go to my email and get all my saved messages. I have emailed about 50 PSN messages to myself.

beer.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 3 of 7 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 9, 2013

Why would it be pertinent to save messages for?

I always delete every message I recieve once I've read them

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 7 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

May 9, 2013

Perhaps messages that mean something, I don't know... like a very special one. I would like to save the msgs I've gotten from Sony, just cuz it's from Sony, lol, but I see no reason to keep them beyond my PS3. It would be a good option though.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 5 of 7 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
9466 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Why would it be pertinent to save messages for?

I always delete every message I recieve once I've read them

I save messages because I post on the forums with my PS3 and I have 95 people on my friends list. And there are "Frequently Asked Questions" here on the forums and from people on my friends list. Rather than look up the answers over and over again, I have the answers in Saved Messages on my PS3.

The subject of "Gamesharing" comes up a lot on the forums and friends ask me about it. Rather than look it up in the PSN Terms of Service. I have that part of the PSN Terms of Service in a saved message on my PS3 and I send or post this

Terms of Service

You must keep your password and other account details secret (other than your Online ID), and not share them with anyone else, to prevent unauthorised use of your Sony Entertainment Network account. If you share account details with someone who uses your account in breach of these Conditions or we believe that your account has been compromised, your account and/or access to Sony Entertainment Network may be suspended or terminated.

There is a way to appear to be offilne to people on your friends list on PSN while you are really online, by changing your "Friends List" comment. Rather than look that information up many times, I have the explainatiion in a Saved message on my PS3

Appear Offline

1. In your Comment, go to virtual keyboard, click on the grid ( go to small keyboard) 2. Click on the wrench down bellow 3. Click on Single Tap. 4. Type 3 Dots with SPACE ( Dot Triangle Dot Triangle Dot ) (. . .)5. Press the Start button TWICE, this will eliminate the one space it should look this( . .. ) 6. SIGN OUT. 7. Sign back In. 8. Erase your dots to be seen by others (change comment). You can't go back unless erase them (change comment), even if you turn off your system and go back online.

In Playstation Home there are many games that give free HOME items. Rather than look up how to win the game in HOME. I have that information in a Saved Message on my PS3. For example, if you play Pac-Man in Playstation Home, here is what you can win and what you have to do to win it.

Pac-Man

Pac-Man T-shirt: Eat the Cherry on Level 1.

Male Jacket: Eat the Strawberry on Level 2.

Female Blouse: Complete Level 2.

Pac-Man Arcade Machine: Eat all 4 ghosts on 1 power pellet (1600 points). 

OMG-bird.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 6 of 7 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55190 posts

May 9, 2013

boba1019 wrote:

Perhaps! I am throwing it out there as an small but interesting UPDATE/Patch idea!

Perhaps SONY can add a note within their next PS3 update that can include a new feature for PS Messaging > a saving option, to where it as an added option (pressing Triangle) so where it allows the user to "SAVE" message(s) as a separate "file".  THANKS!

How about an option to send it to your email address that your account is associated with instead?  That way if your PS3 dies you have your message still.

Message 7 of 7 (46 Views)