MAJOR PS3 SECURITY BREACH

28 replies 564 views Edited Oct 25, 2012
Message 1 of 29 (564 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: MAJOR PS3 SECURITY BREACH

Oct 25, 2012
I'm sure Sony is already well aware of this issue....
Message 2 of 29 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Oct 25, 2012

How would this effect just a normal customer like me???

Photobucket
Crap Box.. it only does everything poorly and charges you for it.
Message 3 of 29 (553 Views)
Survivor
2609 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Yeah, you aren't the first person to have made a thread about this subject. Seriously man, just do a quick search before posting something like this.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 4 of 29 (537 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28536 posts

Oct 25, 2012

LordVDoom wrote:

How would this effect just a normal customer like me???

I really don't think it affects the "normal customer" very much, if at all. This is the type of thing that will really only appeal to the "enthusiasts". The people using this to play Madden or to watch Netflix aren't going to give two flying $%& about installing custom firmware.

Message 5 of 29 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Oct 25, 2012

wonsikndvidual wrote:

http://4playernetwork.com/blog/2012/10/ps3-hacked-again-possibly-permanently/

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/ps3/47177-sony-lets-slip-playstation-3-master-key-oops/

get word around so we can fix this before its too late read articles above 

Means nothing. Just trying to stir up the PS3 hate stew. Wrong Place. PS3 & Sony are #1 in my book. As well as a lot of others. 

Message 6 of 29 (515 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I'm pretty skeptical of this.  At the beginning of last year, the system was hacked and supposed "keys" were released to the world.  Everyone back then was saying that these leaked keys made the system wide open and Sony would never be able to do anything about it short of new hardware, meaning no software patch would be able to seal it.

"They" were wrong then, so why should I believe "they" are right this time?

Also, on that first article, the guy says that no one is going to buy a new PS3 so close to the next generation, but, how long did the PS2 continue to sell once the PS3 was released?  Oh yeah, no one EVER buys the previous console once it's successor has been released, OR so "close" to being released...

No one even knows when Sony is planning to release the next console, but these articles are both assuming they know it's right around the corner...  Something that's been said for a few years now as well...

Message 7 of 29 (511 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Oct 25, 2012

DistantWords wrote:

I'm pretty skeptical of this.  At the beginning of last year, the system was hacked and supposed "keys" were released to the world.  Everyone back then was saying that these leaked keys made the system wide open and Sony would never be able to do anything about it short of new hardware, meaning no software patch would be able to seal it.

"They" were wrong then, so why should I believe "they" are right this time?

Also, on that first article, the guy says that no one is going to buy a new PS3 so close to the next generation, but, how long did the PS2 continue to sell once the PS3 was released?  Oh yeah, no one EVER buys the previous console once it's successor has been released, OR so "close" to being released...

No one even knows when Sony is planning to release the next console, but these articles are both assuming they know it's right around the corner...  Something that's been said for a few years now as well...

I honestly don't think we will even hear any substantial information about the PS4 until at least the end of 2013. Maybe even early 2014.

Also with the fact the one of the lead hackers apart of the team that hacked Sony helped them fix the only hole in the PS Vita, I wonder if they will also help with the PS4. I mean you can hack the Vita somewhat but you can never play pirated games on it because of that one guy who turned on his group.

This hacking crap is getting out of hand. Every Barnes & Nobles or something just had all their credit card systems hacked, now thousands are losing money fast out of their bank accounts.

What I don't understand is even people like Anynomous got caught and even LulzSec, there is one problem when you work in a group. One person is always bound to slip up and that is clear proof of that.

Not that I believe or am too worried about this article but just talking on the general hacking subject I suppose. I hope for Sony's sake it isn't anything bad. I am quite tired of all this hacking crap.. How about they actually do some good with it instead of making our lives more miserable than they already are.

Message 8 of 29 (493 Views)
VP of Gaming
28536 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Here's the thing; obviously these people possess a technical skill. Why not use it to run, oh I don't know, a BUSINESS?

Message 9 of 29 (484 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4685 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I started a thread about this days ago but the mods moved my thread in a section nobody goes to because they don't want people talking about how they got hacked again.

Message 10 of 29 (474 Views)
0 Likes