Highlighted
May 02 2013
By: princepaulo23 Splicer 73 posts
Accepted Solution

Low Resolution Warning on ps3 browser homepage

8 replies 4430 views Edited May 2, 2013
This site works with resolution 720px and above. Please adjust your system settings.

This is the message shown on the ps home page whenever I open the web browser on my ps3. Can anyone tell me how to correct this?
Message 1 of 9 (4,430 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9597 posts

Re: Low Resolution Warning on ps3 browser homepage

May 2, 2013

princepaulo23 wrote:
This site works with resolution 720px and above. Please adjust your system settings.

This is the message shown on the ps home page whenever I open the web browser on my ps3. Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

Simple answer: Get an HDTV.

not-caring.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 2 of 9 (4,427 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

May 2, 2013
My tv is a 3 month old Samsung led hd tv that's why I don't know what to do. I thought it might be the PlayStation settings or something but I can't find nything like that in the settings.
Message 3 of 9 (4,419 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

May 2, 2013
Permanent fix, I dunno. My little brother found a work-around. He highlighted the text(all or part). Then I gave an option to copy/search/delete(?). Choose search, it brought up the familiar browser he knew from before. BUT he has to do it every time he opens the browser.
Message 4 of 9 (4,405 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

Are you by any chance using the supplied component cables to connect your PS3 to your Samsung HDTV? If so, use a HDMI cable instead (an inexpensive $10 cable is fine) as you are presently using your PS3 in standard definition.

If you switch to a HDMI cable, you may find you need to reset the PS3's display settings (where your TV doesn't detect any devices connected via HDMI, on pressing TV's Source / Input button). To do this, power down your PS3, by pressing the power button on the top of the console. Then, hold down the power button, for around five seconds, until the PS3 beeps, and if necessary change the TV source. The PS3 should automatically detect your TV's resolution (ideally 1080 p/i, as this has much better support in the PS3 browser (on page editing)).

P.S. I posted this reply using my PS3 and my Samsung 1080p TV Smiley Happy.

Message 5 of 9 (4,396 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

uptownsoul wrote:
Permanent fix, I dunno. My little brother found a work-around. He highlighted the text(all or part). Then I gave an option to copy/search/delete(?). Choose search, it brought up the familiar browser he knew from before. BUT he has to do it every time he opens the browser.

If you don't have a HDTV, you just need to change the default page to one that doesn't require a HD resolution, e.g. Google's home page.

The easiest way to change the browser's home page is to first visit the desired page (e.g. press Start and change address to google.com), which allows you to confirm the page is o.k. Then, press Triangle and select Tools, Home Page from the menu and finally, select "Use Current" and OK.

Message 6 of 9 (4,391 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

OMG Tribble6 thank you soooo much!!! U are a genius!!!! I wasn't using the av cables but I was initially using a bad hdmi cable that my friend gave me when I first hooked up my ps3. That cable died on me so I bought the official PlayStation hdmi cable about a month ago and switched it. I just reset my ps3 as you said to do and when it came on it said an available hdmi device was detected would you like to switch to hdmi output. And I died!!! I can't believe I've been playing games in 720p this whole time hahaha!!

Thank you!!!!

Message 7 of 9 (4,379 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

May 2, 2013

princepaulo23 wrote:

I can't believe I've been playing games in 720p this whole time hahaha!!

nearly every game on PS3 is 720p - only a handful play at 1080p

Message 8 of 9 (4,362 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

i dont use the browser on ps3 i use IE on xbox only

Message 9 of 9 (4,360 Views)
0 Likes