Dec 08 2012
By: havocsarmy Fender Bender 3987 posts

Lovin' the Vita

17 replies 296 views Edited Dec 8, 2012

I participated in these Vita forums even though I didn't have one, but I never complained, just wondered what everyone's opinions were about the system.

It's okay if people question the system's price about the memory cards, 100 bucks is too much for an essential 32GB card. And I wanted internal memory, that's my only two complaints. As far as that, I love my white crystal AC3 Liberation bundle and wish everyone would pick up one.

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 1 of 18 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Re: Lovin' the Vita

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2012

im actually wanted a vita since it was released but that very expensive one sized memory card turned me off to buy at that time. not until this awesome AC3 thanksgiving bundle (+more stuffs) from amazon made me decide to get one. i don't really liek teh AC3 but my sis bought me an RO from my b'day. eversince i've been multitaskin, playin w/ my pc & vita at teh same time. i can easily compare how powerfull this handheld from teh DS. now, am lookin forward for this (a little cheaper) 32gb memory card to be shipped in 5 days. holiday season has been awesome for me Smiley Happy 

Message 2 of 18 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Price almost turned me off, but I was too excited and I think the total came out to $652 for me with FEB, 32GB Card, two games and screen protector kit... either way I hardly played until I was able to get Gravity Rush.

No regrets~ I love RO & I sold AC3 but I got it digital like a nub so thats that. Need bigger mem. though. I dont care if its $199 for 64GB i need that space lol

Message 3 of 18 (262 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Dec 9, 2012

I bought the Call of Duty PS Vita bundle over Black Friday due to the fifty dollar discount. I really and truly am blessed to have this powerful and revolutionary "handheld PS3" as I like to call it. It's amazing to see what a gigantic step up the Vita is from the PSP and even the Nintendo 3DS. Even though the PS Vita is expensive I still think it is worth the price although a permanent price drop would tremoundously boost Sony's sales of the PS Vita.

I think that a lot of people who are complaining about the PS Vita's game library and price point should consider that this is the only true traditional portable gaming device that is on the same power level with a high quality home console like the WiiU and PS3. In regards to the game library it can only soar and improve from here on out because the Vita is not yet a full year old and with titles on the way like Soul Sacrifice and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time I think that the Vita's future is truly bright. Indeed, I am quite happy with the Vita's software library already because titles like Gravity Rush, Street Fighter x Tekken and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational are beyond visually stunning and feature absolutely delightful and innovative game play.

I also find the "Near" app to be really enjoyable and a bit addicting.

Message 4 of 18 (223 Views)
Sackboy
462 posts

Dec 9, 2012

PhoenixDowny wrote:

I bought the Call of Duty PS Vita bundle over Black Friday due to the fifty dollar discount. I really and truly am blessed to have this powerful and revolutionary "handheld PS3" as I like to call it. It's amazing to see what a gigantic step up the Vita is from the PSP and even the Nintendo 3DS. Even though the PS Vita is expensive I still think it is worth the price although a permanent price drop would tremoundously boost Sony's sales of the PS Vita.

I think that a lot of people who are complaining about the PS Vita's game library and price point should consider that this is the only true traditional portable gaming device that is on the same power level with a high quality home console like the WiiU and PS3. In regards to the game library it can only soar and improve from here on out because the Vita is not yet a full year old and with titles on the way like Soul Sacrifice and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time I think that the Vita's future is truly bright. Indeed, I am quite happy with the Vita's software library already because titles like Gravity Rush, Street Fighter x Tekken and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational are beyond visually stunning and feature absolutely delightful and innovative game play.

I also find the "Near" app to be really enjoyable and a bit addicting.

WiiU... using a RX700 Series Die from 2008, Based off the 4000 series AMD GPU set and a low-quality tri-core non threaded CPU.  I think Vita nukes it Cat LOL Considering the PS3 is technically 8 threads wdf was nintendo thinking?! I mean the PS4/720 is set to use Tahiti and Kepler, way more powerful GPUs.

Message 5 of 18 (220 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Dec 9, 2012

I just bought my Vita a couple days ago, and I am loving it.  Downloaded Uncharted for free from the PSN and haven't put it down.  

Message 6 of 18 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Dec 9, 2012

palio9000 wrote:

I just bought my Vita a couple days ago, and I am loving it.  Downloaded Uncharted for free from the PSN and haven't put it down.  

I bought Uncharted when it came out with my Vita for 50 bucks and I only just now came back to playing it since I never finished the game, and I'm still amazed at the graphics and everything about the game. Now we've got Fight For Fortune, which may be why I started playing again, but I welcome a new reason to. I think it's great that they've linked the two games together and I'm glad to have a card game on the Vita.

Message 7 of 18 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

MikanYui11 wrote: 

WiiU... using a RX700 Series Die from 2008, Based off the 4000 series AMD GPU set and a low-quality tri-core non threaded CPU.  I think Vita nukes it Cat LOL Considering the PS3 is technically 8 threads wdf was nintendo thinking?! I mean the PS4/720 is set to use Tahiti and Kepler, way more powerful GPUs.

Power is meaningless if there aren't enough games backing up said power. The DS ~ PSP and 3DS ~ PSV are clear examples of how having more power than another system doesn't guarantee anything. Both systems did / are doing better than Sony's even though Sony's were / are quite outstanding from a hardware point of view~.

Message 8 of 18 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Dec 9, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:

MikanYui11 wrote: 

Power is meaningless if there aren't enough games backing up said power. The DS ~ PSP and 3DS ~ PSV are clear examples of how having more power than another system doesn't guarantee anything. Both systems did / are doing better than Sony's even though Sony's were / are quite outstanding from a hardware point of view~.

PSP from sales standpoint blew away DS sales, it just got dropped in the west by developers because of piracy... and I think the fact the PSP succumbed to piracy that badly have developers a little worried history might repeat itself ontop of a smaller opening audience to make more games on the vita.

Message 9 of 18 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Dec 9, 2012
Uh...are you nuts? The DS is the most sold out handheld ever, it doubled the amount of PSP WW sales (PSP has something like 75M whereas the DS has 150+M); at no point in time did the PSP blew the DS away. Let's not turn this into a console war argument, just do some research and you'll see your mistake; point was that power is meaningless, it all boils down to games~.
Message 10 of 18 (164 Views)
0 Likes