Dec 22 2012
By: Hellion83 First Son 4 posts

Love the PS3 but the store sucks.

[ Edited ]
17 replies 165 views Edited Dec 22, 2012

The new updated store is horrible. I have supported the PS3 for many years now and find it an amazing console. Get many hours of joy using it but the newly updated store is just plain horrible. 

Please please please either bring back the old design or at least make the new store not clunky.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Re: Love the PS3 but the store sucks.

Dec 22, 2012

i admit it took some getting used to at first but now i have no problem with it and i like the navigation of the store...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (159 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14993 posts

Dec 22, 2012

You'll get used to it.

I love it

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (147 Views)
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Dec 22, 2012

yea Grey,i think that most people complaining about it just haven't given it time but its pretty awesome once you get used to it...people always saying they wanted change and they get it and complain about it...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (143 Views)
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Dec 22, 2012
I agree as well...the new interface is more suitable for the console and esthetically pleasing.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Dec 22, 2012

What I don't like about the new store is that you can't search anymore.

You can enter a set number of words in the 'search' area following what letters they restrict you to.

There are also many items that don't show up, or only show up by searching the middle, last, etc... name of the game.  If they let you even use/enter the word.

There are games with add-ons I want to buy and I can't find the games anymore, the lack of a 'search by game' section in the Add-ons department is my biggest dissapointment, I use to browse that section all the time, it was my favourite part of the store.  Now with the new categories browsing is just confusing/annoying.

But if those things are ever fixed I'll be sold on the new store.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (129 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14993 posts

Dec 22, 2012

boomstickbhg wrote:

What I don't like about the new store is that you can't search anymore.

You can enter a set number of words in the 'search' area following what letters they restrict you to.

There are also many items that don't show up, or only show up by searching the middle, last, etc... name of the game.  If they let you even use/enter the word.
Its called predictive text... something that was sorely lacking from the older store. At least this time you get RELEVANT results. For me the older search engine was broken and i NEVER got the results i was looking for.

There are games with add-ons I want to buy and I can't find the games anymore, the lack of a 'search by game' section in the Add-ons department is my biggest dissapointment, I use to browse that section all the time, it was my favourite part of the store.  Now with the new categories browsing is just confusing/annoying.

But if those things are ever fixed I'll be sold on the new store.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Dec 22, 2012

I said that to much but what ever to everyone its a good improvement when its just bull.

Learn to deal with it like everyone else even dough its trash

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Dec 22, 2012
i like the new store, it feels like a more exotic version of the XBL marketplace, but its really slow and laggy for me, im sure more updates will come soon to improve performance and speed of the store. At first i thought i wanted the old version back, but this one is actually nicer in my opinion. Again, just need some performance updates
-suddenly... life has a new meaning-
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Dec 22, 2012

I know what predictive text is.

I wouldn't mind that they added it, but they took away the option to search normally.

Before I could find any game, add-on etc.. almost instantly.

Now I can't find half the games I own even if I'm in there 10-15 minutes.

So yeah predictive or not I'd like a real search enter whatever letters you want, option.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (103 Views)
0 Likes