Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
13 posts

Re: Loud humming / buzzing noise when Slim PS3 is powered off

May 8, 2013
No, that's either the fans starting up or the disk drive booting up, or both. In my case the humming NEVER stops, even when powered off.

I just unplugged it 30 minutes ago and the humming stopped when I plugged it back in. About ten minutes later, I turned it on for five minutes and then turned it off and left it for ten minutes, when I came back it was humming again.

I saw on CAG that next week BBY is going to have a deal where if you trade in a ps3, you'll get $50 off a new ps3 bundle, so I'd get a new console for $135 off. Not that I have the extra cash though....

Are there any known issues with the super slims?
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 8, 2013
Bump for morning crowd
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 8, 2013
So I tried turning the PS+ background download of and remote start off, and it stopped humming for awhile, but now it's humming again, and also I noticed when I play disk games, the disc drive makes a screeching noise once in a while.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3328 posts

May 9, 2013

GamerGuido wrote:
No, that's either the fans starting up or the disk drive booting up, or both. In my case the humming NEVER stops, even when powered off.

I just unplugged it 30 minutes ago and the humming stopped when I plugged it back in. About ten minutes later, I turned it on for five minutes and then turned it off and left it for ten minutes, when I came back it was humming again.

I saw on CAG that next week BBY is going to have a deal where if you trade in a ps3, you'll get $50 off a new ps3 bundle, so I'd get a new console for $135 off. Not that I have the extra cash though....

Are there any known issues with the super slims?

Yours sounds like the power supply has bad resistors which mean it is going to stop turning on someday..

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (82 Views)
0 Likes