Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Re: Lost sales due to small and expensive memory cards

Jun 21, 2014
Not to mention piracy is minimal on handhelds and consoles. Most piracy happens with PC games. I'm sure they are losing far more on sales from the current storage situation them they would ever save from trying to fight piracy.
Message 21 of 24 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jun 21, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Not to mention piracy is minimal on handhelds and consoles. Most piracy happens with PC games. I'm sure they are losing far more on sales from the current storage situation them they would ever save from trying to fight piracy.

To be fair, piracy was far from minimal on the PSP. The CFWs made quite a killing on the PSP and its library. Doesn't justify the outrageous memcard prices, but piracy was a serious issue during the PSP days~.

Message 22 of 24 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Jun 21, 2014
@JuanMdP

There are pirates however I really don't think your average consumer knows much of anything about pirating games. I know many people who have owned a PSP. Never seen a pirated game though.
Message 23 of 24 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jun 21, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@JuanMdP

There are pirates however I really don't think your average consumer knows much of anything about pirating games. I know many people who have owned a PSP. Never seen a pirated game though.

Considering PSPs used to be sold CFW'ed with 8GBs sticks loaded with games, I'd have to differ from that opinion~.

Message 24 of 24 (58 Views)
0 Likes