PlayStation MVP
15966 posts

Re: Looks like Sony has this in the Bag

May 23, 2013

Matsudaira wrote: SONY has already stated the PS4 will be profitable on day 1. 

Source?

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 41 of 51 (103 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 23, 2013
Don't read to heavily into the stock price jump. Sony had just recently announced that they were thinking of divesting their movies and music divisions into their own entitites, which is really what would make investors excited. The 1:00 timeframe of the jump just happened to be coincidental. So not ALL of that stock jump was due to Microsoft.
Message 42 of 51 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 23, 2013

kingbro1 wrote:

Deiradinn wrote:
Sony showed some great games to me. Killzone, Infamous, and Knack have me excited, guess what... all are exclusives. Not to mention MLB 14 The Show next year, always a first day buy. If they have these at launch, along with just one RPG... I'm freaking set. Plus I'm sure they'll be some great PSN titles and PS Plus freebies to start you off. Unless a major foul up, Sony jumps out of the gate with a nice lead. I might get hate but I usually own a Playstation with a Nintendo. Can't go on without TLOZ. :smileywink:

You're not alone. Both brands always have quality first party games, in my opinion.

I agree.

Though MS has fallen in this area with the 360 which they started out so well with. They use to for the first 3 years have alot of good or great exclusives. You had Mass Effect, Gears of War , Blue Dragon , lost odyssey, Earth Defense Force 2017, Halo 3, and other's that i just can't remember off the top of my head but now MS is pretty much just pumping out Gears , Halo and Forza year after year and every now and then you might get some thing new and exciting like a Alan Wake or The Witcher 2. Sony seems to be alot better at spreading them selves out in  getting you thoose big franchises but hey here is some new IP's from us or other Devs.  

Message 43 of 51 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

May 23, 2013

Microsoft could still change their minds on some of those policies after the backlash they have received so far and the booing at the E3 show they will likely receive.

Message 44 of 51 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 23, 2013

gamevader28 wrote:

Microsoft could still change their minds on some of those policies after the backlash they have received so far and the booing at the E3 show they will likely receive.

I've said this before . Its possible that MS could reverse the no used games and online DRM before release (doubtfull) but could happen. MS is a pretty stubburn company that just marches to the beat of its own drum and cares not to what its customers care for. I mean half of its Windows OS's are proof of that. If they did remove it and lets say they told every one at E3 its going out the window. The damage is still done. They may have taken them selves off the chopping block but they are still going to be pretty wounded from this and i don't think gamers are going to welcome back MS with open arms after this BS . at least not most and some later down the road might decide to give the X1 and MS a chance. For now though either way the X1 is

1. Dead on arrival

2. MS fights to keep this thing alive.

Either way MS is not going to find its self having a fun time with the X1.

Message 45 of 51 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

May 23, 2013
They already said you can still play used games.
Message 46 of 51 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 23, 2013

TheUltimateSword wrote:
They already said you can still play used games.

thing is they haven't been very specific on this . MS tries to claim you can play used games as well by putting a used disc in the X1 then paying the full price of the game again to unlock it . Thats the biggest pile of BS i have ever heard.

Like i said in my Original post until Sony lays out all the specifics , I remain very cautous on this issue with the PS4.

Message 47 of 51 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

I believe M$'s investment in T.V may be the thing that does them in. If the Xbox dies then games like Halo & Gears Of War will go to PC.

If they stick to this "pay for used games" thing we may not see a 4th Xbox

XBOX ONE=Dreamcast

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 48 of 51 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 23, 2013

renstimpy3 wrote:

I believe M$'s investment in T.V may be the thing that does them in. If the Xbox dies then games like Halo & Gears Of War will go to PC.

If they stick to this "pay for used games" thing we may not see a 4th Xbox

XBOX ONE=Dreamcast

NO! don't compare the Dreamcast to the X1. the DC was awesome even though it may have failed. The DC was the best system that never was unfortunitly. I loved the DC. If you are going to compare the X1 to any thing compare it to the CD-I. I think thats one system every one can universally say sucked.

Message 49 of 51 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10338 posts

May 23, 2013

kingbro1 wrote:

Deiradinn wrote:
Sony showed some great games to me. Killzone, Infamous, and Knack have me excited, guess what... all are exclusives. Not to mention MLB 14 The Show next year, always a first day buy. If they have these at launch, along with just one RPG... I'm freaking set. Plus I'm sure they'll be some great PSN titles and PS Plus freebies to start you off. Unless a major foul up, Sony jumps out of the gate with a nice lead. I might get hate but I usually own a Playstation with a Nintendo. Can't go on without TLOZ. :smileywink:

You're not alone. Both brands always have quality first party games, in my opinion.

Same here. Haven't gotten a Sony console since PS2, but I still love it. Might be jumping back on the Sony bandwagon soon enough. As long as there are plenty of good RPG's and sci-fi and fantasy based games for it. As for Nintendo, as long as they keep making some good games, they got me as well. Just got a 3ds and I like it so far, looking forward to the new Animal Crossing game for it :smileyhappy:. As for Wii U, it's a waiting game until the price comes down and the bugs are worked out of it, same with PS4.

Message 50 of 51 (44 Views)
0 Likes