Fender Bender
3336 posts

Re: Looks like Sony has this in the Bag

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

"reasonable price" to a lot of people isn't actually "reasonable". For the technology you're getting, and the actual investment of the product when you buy it - $399 and $499 is where the marker will fall. If people expect anything less than that they are being absolutely dilusional.  We are long past the generation of $299 platforms (minus tinker toys like Wii).

I agree. I want the PS4 to start at $399.

Twitter: @Xeno_VII
Message 21 of 51 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 23, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

"reasonable price" to a lot of people isn't actually "reasonable". For the technology you're getting, and the actual investment of the product when you buy it - $399 and $499 is where the marker will fall. If people expect anything less than that they are being absolutely dilusional.  We are long past the generation of $299 platforms (minus tinker toys like Wii).

Yeah i don't see the PS4 being any cheaper then $399 and if sony can and is smart that will be the price of the PS4. they might be able to do $449 but that might be pushing it . $499 I think that is just gona be to high for this thing to fly off the shelves at a steady pace and stay that way.

They do $399 and this thing should be moving like hot cakes.

Message 22 of 51 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

SONY hurt themselves real bad last generation with the pricing. They sold a very expensive product, and even at the cost they were selling it they were losing a massive amount of money on each one sold. SONY has already stated the PS4 will be profitable on day 1. I think this is a very clear indication that we are looking at the $399-499 bracket... since $499-599 is where they were last time around.

Message 23 of 51 (184 Views)
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 23, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

SONY hurt themselves real bad last generation with the pricing. They sold a very expensive product, and even at the cost they were selling it they were losing a massive amount of money on each one sold. SONY has already stated the PS4 will be profitable on day 1. I think this is a very clear indication that we are looking at the $399-499 bracket... since $499-599 is where they were last time around.

Yeah Sony putting a blu ray player in to the PS3 was a double edged sword. It had some advantages but major back lash from it was how it jumped the price of the PS3 at the time. Sony was banking on every one wanting a blu ray player at the time and then  the PS3 was the cheapest blu ray player on the market but problem is people wanted the PS3 for GAMES first. I could go in to a long rant on all of this but in the end Sony manage to survive this though it did some damage to them. that high price ran a lot of people off to the 360 at the time which was half the price.

Message 24 of 51 (177 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

May 23, 2013
Sony showed some great games to me. Killzone, Infamous, and Knack have me excited, guess what... all are exclusives. Not to mention MLB 14 The Show next year, always a first day buy. If they have these at launch, along with just one RPG... I'm freaking set. Plus I'm sure they'll be some great PSN titles and PS Plus freebies to start you off. Unless a major foul up, Sony jumps out of the gate with a nice lead. I might get hate but I usually own a Playstation with a Nintendo. Can't go on without TLOZ. Smiley Wink
Message 25 of 51 (173 Views)
Fender Bender
3790 posts

May 23, 2013

I thought the cost was the actual Cell processor? Blu-ray was expensive, but since other manufacturers were making the players and discs were getting pushed out, they were receiving revenue from them. It's funny though... now Sony will be getting revenue from every Xbox One sold. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 51 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7130 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

ArkonBlade wrote:

Matsudaira wrote:

Yeah Sony putting a blu ray player in to the PS3 was a double edged sword. It had some advantages but major back lash from it was how it jumped the price of the PS3 at the time. Sony was banking on every one wanting a blu ray player at the time and then  the PS3 was the cheapest blu ray player on the market but problem is people wanted the PS3 for GAMES first. I could go in to a long rant on all of this but in the end Sony manage to survive this though it did some damage to them. that high price ran a lot of people off to the 360 at the time which was half the price.

I think sony was too far ahead of the curve, lol  and when   the market caught up to what ps3 had it showed great value and  it could do game's in blu ray and movies etc etc// That why it survived..   They had a great plan that went  with future techs and advancements.. becuase they where the one controling that climate and none  else. In the best fashion

Very smart indeed..   I think sony will do great ,  kaz is a very smart and savvy guy.. He like to play mind games to the  fullest extent a   planner with  a vision. If you  look how   they make something in patent and  never use it.. it really hurt your competition becuase they  cant go that route, they have make  a  bad choice.. and this why  xbox1 and wii-u is  looking bad. . kaz is  at  work, you have understand   creating a  avenue is buisness is the same  creating a  avenue  neighbothood in the real world.    Control all corner and  soon enough the competetion will have to buy from you.. this  what we  are  seeing.. kaz is  masterful.. this  like a game  of  chess  or risk right before  your eyes..     

xbox1 is using blu ray(paying sony to do so) ...  they dont have not many exclusives,  no indy games support much,  it nothing more than cable  box   and a heavy  bill every month.. go look  ands   who  controls  those climates,  sony does.. This wasnt a xbox1 executive mistake  or  nintendo  execs, its  Kaz Hirai at work.. this is  just the  1st  phase of  building  avenue.

This show me  he  is  very smart and  love to plan ahead  with mind games.. remeber  he said bring  on all on comers

kaz2tjytz.jpg

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 27 of 51 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

May 23, 2013

Is Kaz like a Japanese Steve Jobs? lol

Message 28 of 51 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7130 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

Is Kaz like a Japanese Steve Jobs? lol

i think  steve job was  more  savvy  with software / hardware and  his   talking was entertainment but  very refreshing he  could tell you  vision and  when product came it felt like holy  moleyy i actaully got it , they actually sold drink  and  popcorn when he spoke. thats  funny but  true. There will  never be another steve jobs.

kaz harai is  very good with maxizing his  hand  delt/ building ,buisness mind games,,  in small  he like a smarter  new  age version of  j d  rockefeller, just much more smarter. more savy.. // In small no matter what you do  kaz has a  avenue there and a plan you keep you there to  beat you there, then take it over  which is what   j d rockefeller use to do.. Then come with out product that  you cant even  compete with,Smiley Very Happy so  you'll end buying from him.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 29 of 51 (163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 23, 2013

yep

[URL="http://psnprofiles.com/pestapok"][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/pestapok.png[/IMG][/URL]
Message 30 of 51 (156 Views)
0 Likes