Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Looks like Sony has this in the Bag

May 23, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

how screwed do you think the lead marketing, and concept directors felt when they could physically see their failure in the form of an almost 10% rise in their top competitors stock?

I know, right? Sony's stock went down 1 or 2% when they revealed the PS4.

Xbox fanboys jumped all over it.

Microsoft reveals their next console and their stock barely sees a scratch, yet Sony's raises.

Too funny.

But, let's just start lubing each other up just yet. I'm sure there are still some things about the PS4 that Sony has yet to reveal, that will not please everybody.

Smiley Indifferent

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 11 of 51 (219 Views)
Fender Bender
2922 posts

May 23, 2013

I'm not a fanboy of any kinds (at least not anymore), but I do agree that Sony seems to have the lead here-- without any effort really. The Wii U is really not a competitive console and the XBOX One just seemed to kill itself. Sad really.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 12 of 51 (218 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29178 posts

May 23, 2013

I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Microsoft announced a new deal with the NFL for a gameday app, and product placement. Now I know that doesn't mean a lot to "gamers", but you have the 18-39 male demographic, and anything with the National Football League is like having a license to print money.

Message 13 of 51 (213 Views)
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 23, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Microsoft announced a new deal with the NFL for a gameday app, and product placement. Now I know that doesn't mean a lot to "gamers", but you have the 18-39 male demographic, and anything with the National Football League is like having a license to print money.

Well for the first 2-3 years of any consoles life its the Core gamer that sells it. The casual doesn't jump in till after that when there has been a price drop and the older console they have been playing is pretty much dead by this point. The casaul which also includes what people like to call the Dudebro gamer is what makes up mostly what would care about this. they are also the ones who don't really follow this kind of stuff and will have no clue about it untill they pick up the console and just discover it. so vast majority are not gona run out and grab a X1 so they can use a gameday app.

Message 14 of 51 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

May 23, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

how screwed do you think the lead marketing, and concept directors felt when they could physically see their failure in the form of an almost 10% rise in their top competitors stock?

I know, right? Sony's stock went down 1 or 2% when they revealed the PS4.

Xbox fanboys jumped all over it.

Microsoft reveals their next console and their stock barely sees a scratch, yet Sony's raises.

Too funny.

But, let's just not start lubing each other up just yet. I'm sure there are still some things about the PS4 that Sony has yet to reveal, that will not please everybody.

Smiley Indifferent

lol, sorry. Typo. Fixed.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 15 of 51 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3327 posts

May 23, 2013

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

I'm not a fanboy of any kinds (at least not anymore), but I do agree that Sony seems to have the lead here-- without any effort really. The Wii U is really not a competitive console and the XBOX One just seemed to kill itself. Sad really.

All Sony needs to do is give the PS4 a reasonable price and the 8th generation could turn into another PS2 vs. Gamecube vs. Xbox battle.

Twitter: @XenokingX
Message 16 of 51 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

May 23, 2013

Xbox has almost always been advertised somewhere in the fields during sports games. This is nothing new. Sony's demographic is 20-something and up as well. However, I think their demographic is a bit more on the "professional"  and "techy" side of the adult spectrum. I don't know if they have all the sporty meat-heads like Microsoft has. I see this being a non-issue in the next generation. When it comes to consoles, people care about games, first and foremost, not seasonal sports.

Message 17 of 51 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7024 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

I agree with that but this depends on game  its called  madden .. and that license is  up this year.. if 2k sport get a 2k14 nfl  game and aplaystaiton get  early release  of the game..  Its pretty much  game over  for  xbox. Nfl  sub's be darn..

ALot of gamer are  waiting for that,   Sony has to  really get 2k exclusive game deal  or release earlier for ps4 console games,  dlc and etc .

It would be game over for ea and xbox1. 2014 is the year  2k sports is allowed to make nfl game.. its been  already said madden and nfl cannt  re do the rights,  they  have give anothe rpublisher a chance. it same thing for nba games.

The   NHL hockey game day app is  doing good numbers to my understanding so is the base ball..  They need to  really get  major league soccer app. try to cover all the  bases, promote those more in uk  , mexico spian etc.

I think the 2k nfl14 game is the deal breaker.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 18 of 51 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

May 23, 2013

"reasonable price" to a lot of people isn't actually "reasonable". For the technology you're getting, and the actual investment of the product when you buy it - $399 and $499 is where the marker will fall. If people expect anything less than that they are being absolutely dilusional.  We are long past the generation of $299 platforms (minus tinker toys like Wii).

Message 19 of 51 (174 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 23, 2013

I doubt Sony is too worried. lol

Message 20 of 51 (172 Views)
0 Likes