May 23 2013
By: ArkonBlade Monster Hunter 39 posts

Looks like Sony has this in the Bag

50 replies 399 views Edited May 23, 2013

You got the Wii U flailing around still trying to get any traction. MS just killed the X1 before it could even get out the gate. Though i still worry they could shoot them selves in the foot by giving the PS4 a high price or messing up in some other such way or even worse following MS down there path of online DRM and no used games and just putting the gun and there mouth and the PS4 will be laying dead right next to the X1 in the ditch.

I think Sony needs to come out at E3 (sooner be even better now that the X1 is on Fire) and state clearly that the PS4 will not have any type of online DRM. You don't need to put in any code when you buy your games in order to unlock them to play them , you can borrow them to your friends with out any issue.

The fact that Sony still has been silent on this has me worried you think they would be taking shots. Saying "Hey playing used games and online DRM lol we don't have thoose kind of issues with the PS4" Untill they do i still worry they got the gun in there hand and have it pointed at there head or foot.

Other then that all they really need to do is have a strong showing of some good games at E3 and if the online DRM and no used game thing doesn't happen for the PS4  and the PS4 is priced right... how can they not have another PS2 era domination.

Message 1 of 51 (399 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Re: Looks like Sony has this in the Bag

May 23, 2013
Sony has already seen the negativity that the Xbox One is getting. They're not going to be that stupid. Sony's stock jumped up 9.25% immediately after the Xbox One announcement. Why? because investors, consumers, and everyone in between that follows gaming knows how bad MS jus screwed themselves over.
My PSN
Message 2 of 51 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

X1 Is a replacement for all the crap you got in your entertainment system. PS4 Is a game machine. Nuff Said

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 3 of 51 (391 Views)
Fender Bender
3207 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Don't start counting all your eggs just yet, Sony could pull a fast one and introduce their own version of stopping used games on the system. But for right now, it looks like Sony is in the better position this holiday season. Unless they screw up, just like Microsoft and become more "anti-consumer", as everyone seems to be calling these new features for the xbox.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 4 of 51 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 23, 2013

how screwed do you think the lead marketing, and concept directors felt when they could physically see their failure in the form of an almost 10% rise in their top competitors stock?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 5 of 51 (378 Views)
First Son
3 posts

May 23, 2013

Only time with tell, if Microsoft decides not to make some changes then PlaySatation 4 might win the next generation of consoles. 

Message 6 of 51 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3207 posts

May 23, 2013

Microsoft had to see this coming somehow. I cannot fathom them going into this reveal and not expect the backlash they got for telling people what they can't do anymore with a smile on their face as they tell it.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 7 of 51 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 23, 2013

Oh i do agree MS could get rid of the DRM and no used games but the damage is done to there brand. It will i think take them off the chopping block but they will still be badly wounded from this no matter what.

Message 8 of 51 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 23, 2013

@Wastelander

Big companys live in a bubble normally. i am sure MS new this wasn't going to go over well i just don't think they new just how BAD it was going to go over.

Message 9 of 51 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

how screwed do you think the lead marketing, and concept directors felt when they could physically see their failure in the form of an almost 10% rise in their top competitors stock?

I know, right? Sony's stock went down 1 or 2% when they revealed the PS4.

Xbox fanboys jumped all over it.

Microsoft reveals their next console and their stock barely sees a scratch, yet Sony's raises.

Too funny.

But, let's not start lubing each other up just yet. I'm sure there are still some things about the PS4 that Sony has yet to reveal, that will not please everybody.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 10 of 51 (346 Views)
0 Likes