Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Re: Looks like Sony has this in the Bag

May 23, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

how screwed do you think the lead marketing, and concept directors felt when they could physically see their failure in the form of an almost 10% rise in their top competitors stock?

Dont forget now after the PS4 reveal microsoft and nintendo stocks also jumped.. but if i seen this id be pooping my pants if i was microsoft not good so uch negative backlash 

Message 31 of 51 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3327 posts

May 23, 2013

Deiradinn wrote:
Sony showed some great games to me. Killzone, Infamous, and Knack have me excited, guess what... all are exclusives. Not to mention MLB 14 The Show next year, always a first day buy. If they have these at launch, along with just one RPG... I'm freaking set. Plus I'm sure they'll be some great PSN titles and PS Plus freebies to start you off. Unless a major foul up, Sony jumps out of the gate with a nice lead. I might get hate but I usually own a Playstation with a Nintendo. Can't go on without TLOZ. Smiley Wink

You're not alone. Both brands always have quality first party games, in my opinion.

Twitter: @XenokingX
Message 32 of 51 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

May 23, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

X1 Is a replacement for all the crap you got in your entertainment system. PS4 Is a game machine. Nuff Said

we shall see...i sincerly hope you are right.Robot Indifferent

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 33 of 51 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
573 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

how screwed do you think the lead marketing, and concept directors felt when they could physically see their failure in the form of an almost 10% rise in their top competitors stock?

stranger things have happened, anyone remember the virtual boy or the psp3000 for that matter?

the markets of the time screamed "dont release these systems!!!" because they made no economical sense, but they both still came out when they did.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 34 of 51 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1711 posts

May 23, 2013

I just don't think Sony is going to do anything like Microsoft just did. They have seen the responses and the lashback and are going to use this to their advantage. IF, they would even REMOTELY, think of following this example set my Microsoft, then they wouldn't be very smart. I have more confidence in Sonys choices than Microsoft so I agree I think Sony has this wrapped up nicely!

Message 35 of 51 (116 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

May 23, 2013
Steve Jobs actually had very little to do with the design and/or programming aspect of anything Apple. He was the salesman. He had a way with words that could sell **bleep** to a **bleep** shoveler.

Apple got started because of Woz. Woz did all the work, Steve just made the sale.
My PSN
Message 36 of 51 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

May 23, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
Steve Jobs actually had very little to do with the design and/or programming aspect of anything Apple. He was the salesman. He had a way with words that could sell **bleep** to a **bleep** shoveler.

Apple got started because of Woz. Woz did all the work, Steve just made the sale.

Actually, that's not completely true.  Steve Jobs was the visionary head of the company, Woz was more of the guy that made things work. This is just like in the future when Woz left. Steve was the visionary and Ives made it happen. It's been stated that Steve left his journal with enough product and ideas for another 10 years or something. He is definitely the sales man though -- nobody pulls of a slideshow presentation like he did. Now -- in the sales light -- this would be how Kaz is like Steve. I haven't followed much into Kaz, but he seems to be more business strategy and sales than visionary.  Kaz can sell a product. He has decent stage presence. And he's Japanese, so that's extra bonus points anyway. Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 51 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 23, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

I know, right? Sony's stock went down 1 or 2% when they revealed the PS4.

Xbox fanboys jumped all over it.

Except, thats a very small margin of error as most stocks, throughout the day, can vary between a fraction of a percent to 3 or 5%.

A margin as big as 9% is VERY noteworthy. Especially one that continued to rise during the conference everytime something new was to be announced

And I don't recall any Xbox fanboys jump on Sony's dip in their stock

Furiously Chaosing
Message 38 of 51 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 23, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Microsoft announced a new deal with the NFL for a gameday app, and product placement. Now I know that doesn't mean a lot to "gamers", but you have the 18-39 male demographic, and anything with the National Football League is like having a license to print money.

Sony has MLB.... an equally popular sport.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 39 of 51 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

May 23, 2013

Nintendo actually does have a pretty good chance at second place tho.  They just need to release some more games and get some more third party support and they'll do just fine

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 40 of 51 (87 Views)
0 Likes