Highlighted
Aug 12 2012
By: AchillesVsHector Hekseville Citizen 339 posts

Looking for recommendations on psp-ps vita games?

6 replies 126 views Edited Aug 12, 2012

Games I own for the vita.

Gta liberty city stories

Power stone collection

Darkstalkers

Street fighter alpha

Would Gta Vice City be good to get because I can ride boats, fly airplanes, helicopters or is that not worth getting and do you believe its too similar to liberty city stories for me to rush out and buy it?  Feel free to recommend any other games too. Which god of war game is the better game too? 

Message 1 of 7 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Re: Looking for recommendations on psp-ps vita games?

Aug 12, 2012
You'll like VCS. Chinatown Wars is good too. If you like rpgs Persona 3 Portable, Legend of Heroes Trials in the sky, and the Ys series are all excellent.
Message 2 of 7 (122 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Aug 12, 2012
Chinatown Wars is great. Vice City Stories is ok, but I didn't like the setting Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe is a great game too, as is Killzone: Liberation, and Resistance: Retribution.

I'm glad you brought up God of War. Ghost of Sparta is probably the better game (only because it is newer). However, I have had a voucher for Chains of Olympus sitting around unused for years. PM me and I would be more than happy to give it to you.

Message 3 of 7 (114 Views)
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Both God of War games are awesome. I need to finish Ghost of Sparta but I'd have to rebuy it. If I do that I think I'll wait for the God of War collection at the end of the month and get all 5 games for $30.

Persona 3 Portable and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky are awesome RPGs. Try Uncharted Golden Abyss. I put close to a hundred hours into it to get the Platinum and I've replayed it once since getting the Plat for the experience. Lot of fun in my opinion.

Message 4 of 7 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Aug 12, 2012

AchillesVsHector wrote:

Would Gta Vice City be good to get because I can ride boats, fly airplanes, helicopters or is that not worth getting and do you believe its too similar to liberty city stories for me to rush out and buy it?  Feel free to recommend any other games too. Which god of war game is the better game too? 

VCS is better than LCS in a few things: enhanced graphics, more mission variety (LCS's were way too short), setting, etc. But if there's one thing that is outright amazing about VCS is the soundtrack, that and the super cheesy (in a good way) setting of a fictional Miami. If you like the GTA formula you'll have plenty of fun with VCS. Chinatown Wars is better in terms of plot but I'll admit the graphics did put me off a bit back then~.

Message 5 of 7 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Aug 12, 2012
im not sure about the other GTA games but LCS lets you do custom music playlist. i like the socom and MOH games
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 6 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Aug 12, 2012
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend is a pretty good fighting game on the Vita. Dissidia 012 is a pretty good PSP action game. As someone else stated, Persona 3 Portable is a good RPG, and I'm sure Persona 4 Golden will be an awesome game when it is released.
Message 7 of 7 (78 Views)
0 Likes