Jan 28 2014
By: richcasey First Son 2 posts

Looking for a Game Like The Last of Us

[ Edited ]
9 replies 291 views Edited Feb 20, 2014

So i just got done playing the Last Of Us and i thought it was a amazing game i love those kinds of games and i'm trying to find a game along that style if anyone has any recommendations that will help me out that be great

also i just got Beyond Two SOuls which was also a great Story line but not much Game play it was more like a Interactive Movie

was kinda disipointed that there was not much Game play to the "Game"

so if you have any recommendations that would be great

thanks

P.S. i also did pre order the DLC add on for the Last of us cant wait to play that

Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 10 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3636 posts

Re: Help Looking for a Game Like THE LAST OF US Recommendations ?

Jan 28, 2014

And thats' what makes The Last of Us so special... There is no other game like it!

Message 2 of 10 (286 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Telltale's The Walking Dead is similar to TLOU in terms of story, but it's a more interactive movie type game like Heavy Rain. I don't think you're gonna get anything else like TLOU.

Message 3 of 10 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Jan 28, 2014

If you're looking for similar gameplay,  check out the PSN game I Am Alive.

Realistic AI, and you're all trying to stay alive akin to TLoU. It's even better than TLoU in some aspects.. for example, if you aim a gun at somebody without a gun, they will stay away from you; unlike TLoU where they just charge at you like a psychopath.

Message 4 of 10 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Jan 28, 2014
Ya I Am Alive, Fallout 3 (Kinda) Metro Last Light (Maybe I haven't played it) If you Haven't played the Uncharted Series I would recommend that.
Message 5 of 10 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Ever played Enslaved?

Message 6 of 10 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Jan 28, 2014
Yes. Like the above poster said enslaved. The most closest you will ever be to the last of us are these

Metal gear solid iv
Heavy rain
Enslaved
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 10 (219 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2014

Uhhg, people, stop trying to put those terrible Quantum David Cage games in the same league as The Last of Us. In no way at all are they similar or on the same level. The Last of Us is a gaming masterpiece of both storytelling and game play, those Quantum games are just boring interactive movies that can't even hold a storyline together enough to justify their lack of game play.

"You like eating pizza? I bet you would like getting punched in the mouth!! They both involve your mouth! wow!"

It is hard to recommend a game like Last of Us. It's a **bleep** good stealth game, but few other stealth games offer that level of storyline or have that kind of game play. Umm, nope, can't think of anything. Dues Ex is a good stealth game, but in no way is like Last of us. Best I can do. lol

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 8 of 10 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1461 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2014

OP, I'm with you dude.  I just finished TLOU last week and it was easily the best game I've ever played.  Only game I've ever played that I actually cared about the story and never skipped a single cut scene.

Sounds like there really isn't another game like it.  The Uncharted games are really good, but they are nothing like TLOU. 

Message 9 of 10 (194 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 1, 2014

thanks everone for the recommendations but yeah from what ive been hearing from everone no other game is like The last of us, itsjust that good but im gonna try everyones recommendations though some of those ive already tried

i mean ive already tried Beyond two souls and i mean the story line on that game is pretty cool but as far as game play just sucks i mean its more of a interavtive movie then a game

Message 10 of 10 (170 Views)
0 Likes