May 31 2012
By: sadlybeautiful Lombax Warrior 114 posts

Looking for PS PLus members to play co-op with.

19 replies 412 views Edited May 31, 2012

I just recently got Playstation Plus and love it. The "free" games are great fun. The problem is I don't have any people on my friends list that have PS Plus. Many PSN games have co-op and I would like to find people to play co-op with. It doesn't just have to be PSN games either. I welcome co-op gaming with any retail game that supports it as well. Is anyone interested in adding me? (Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this.)

Message 1 of 20 (412 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44325 posts

Re: Looking for PS PLus members to play co-op with.

May 31, 2012

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

It may help us to know what games you have then at least people have some dea.

Also there are some "looking for friends" Threads on these Forums, they may be a good place to look for people too.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 2 of 20 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

May 31, 2012

I have too many games to list. In terms of PSN games, I was referring to the current free ones being offered through PS Plus. Games like Trine 2, Awesomenauts, Rock of Ages, Streets of Rage 2, etc. I will take your advice and look through the threads you mentioned. Thanks.

Message 3 of 20 (412 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
26337 posts

Jun 9, 2012

sadlybeautiful wrote:

Wow, over 2,500 people have viewed this post and I have had two responses. Great group of people on PSN. Ha. Real communicative and friendly. I guess it's true what they say about people on the internet.

I gave you links to the "Looking for friends" threads. What more do you want? Heck, I even linked you to your redundant spam.

You do know you're a "person on the internet" too right?

Message 5 of 20 (412 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jun 9, 2012

I think he expects a friend invite. 

@OP - The two responses you received were actually pretty solid - Brit suggested you list the games you play and suggested the "looking for friends" type threads.  ne1 actually provides links.  I didn't think there was anything else to contribute.

The core group that posts here is generally friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and welcomes new PS Community members and PS+ subscribers.

Feel free to look at my card to see what I have played in the past, and what I'm actively playing to see if you think there is a match.  I'm almost always happy to accept friend invites - just put PS+ (and maybe a game or two you are interested in playing) or something similar because I do not accept blank invites.

Message 6 of 20 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Jun 9, 2012

Did I mention your ID? No. Calm down. I wasn't referring to you. You were actually one of the two that responded. I appreciate that. Why so sensitive? Ha. My previous comment is in jest. I'm just marveling at the absurdity of it all and having some fun. Relax.

Message 7 of 20 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Jun 10, 2012

I wasn't complaining about the two responses I received. I simply find it amusing that so many people viewed my post, and the two responses (thank you for those gentlemen) I received, told me to look elsewhere. Ha. My post was pretty clear that I was looking to add people that had Playstation Plus and enjoyed co-op gaming. What I thought someone might contribute, would be something as simple as "Hey, I'll add you". I didn't realize asking for some new gaming companions would be met with such disinterest. It's even more telling that my attempt to poke fun at the whole process was met with an irritated response.

P.S. Your last paragraph was exactly the type of response I was hoping to see when I initially posted. You get an A+ for comprehension. Good to know there are some friendly souls floating out there in the ether. Thanks.

Message 8 of 20 (412 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 13, 2012

I had the same problem finding playstation plus members to play with. @ne1atall I can see how those links could be helpful to find friends in general and I may go ahead and try using them but the issue at hand is to find co-op friends with a playstation plus membership.

Then another option was to list specific games that you played or want to play and yes this could work too but I still see adding PS+ members will save a lot of work where if I add someone only for motorstorm than we move on to different games... well I have no longer a reason to have that PSN friend.

Having friends that are specifically playstation plus members basically guarantees that your friend will have access to the same "free" games in result encouraging co-op. Also the advantage here is that it is likely that both members will be playing the same PS+ "free" titles 6 months from now.

I'm sure this was already clear but anyway I'm trying to point out that the question addressed is a little deeper than it seems.

Therefore this is a good post in my opinion. I also did not see any other forums like this which is also another indicator of a good post.

Ratchet and Clank: All for One is a great co-op game and so is LBP2!

Message 9 of 20 (412 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jun 13, 2012

Welcome to the PS Community!  Sounds like with the new games and influx of PS+ members, we need a PS+ co-op thread.  Over the last couple of years we have had a few for some specific games (i.e. Marvel Pinball and the Lead and Gold).  I honestly don't do a lot of co-op gaming with "random" people (as my kids call it), but do look to trophy boost and play the occasional game with semi "semi-random" friends from this forum.

I'll kick off the thread to get it started ...

Message 10 of 20 (412 Views)
0 Likes