Highlighted
Feb 21 2012
By: Flingel_Bunt First Son 3 posts

Long download times

4 replies 7 views Edited Feb 21, 2012

Can anybody give me any advice or answers regarding the fact that it takes me forever to download anything from PSN. For example, i am currently attempting to download a 945mb demo and am being told it will take around 17 hours to complete the process! It's ridiculous. Normally, i just give up. I download stuff very successfully on my Xbox 360 (a demo of this size would take around 15 mins to download), 3DS and laptop so i'm presuming that there isn't a problem with my broadband etc. It just seems to be my PS3 that's got a problem. Any ideas? Cheers.

Message 1 of 5 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Long download times

Feb 21, 2012

have you properly configured your network settings?

My PS3 only takes about 5minutes to download a 1gb file

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 5 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Thanks for your response. I've no idea what the correct network settings should be! I just used the "easy" option in the menu. I did change the security setting just now, adding a WPA key number and that managed to reduce the estimated length of download to around 5 hours! Still too long but maybe there's something else i need to change? I don't know what, though.

Message 3 of 5 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Seems like delving into properly setting up your home network is beyond your scope.

I would ask someone who is into networking and/or computers to help you setup your home network and your PS3's network settings.

Googling can help, but if you mess up, you're going to have the start from square one.

If anything, for starters if you'd like to attempt it yourself, you can go to portforward.com as they have how-to's on setting up your network properly with specific intructions on using YOUR router. And they have a listing of all ports you'll need to forward for the PSN and how to do that as well.

Setting up the PS3's network settings is pretty much a "copy and paste" affair once you setup your home network properly. There's a few how-tos floating around on how to setup the PS3 network settings as well.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 5 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 23, 2012

Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out.

Message 5 of 5 (7 Views)
0 Likes