Sep 17 2012
By: macy113 Lombax Warrior 138 posts

LittleBigPlanet Vita Recalled in some places?

17 replies 363 views Edited Sep 17, 2012

Ok so my Wal-mart got LBP Vita today. I went to get it and it was there, but when I got to check out it said Sell not allowed. they called the manager and said there was a recall so I didnt get the game Smiley Sad did anybody else see this?

Message 1 of 18 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Re: LittleBigPlanet Vita Recalled in some places?

Sep 17, 2012

nope... went to gamestop yesterday.. guy gave it to me right away... prolly they are saying that at other retails stores becuase of the street date.... perhaps sony didn't give others a heads-up?  i dunno.... it's a great game... already a patch update to 1.01... can't wait til tomorrow for online play!

Message 2 of 18 (340 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 17, 2012
I agree, it is probably Walmart's automated street date block on the register. You will either have to wait until the official street date, or perhaps corporate will lift it beforehand.

Sony is allowing retailers to sell it early:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/15/sackboy-popping-up-early-on-ps-vita/
Message 3 of 18 (327 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Sep 17, 2012
Bought mine at Walmart. Wouldn't scan at the till. Luckily, the cashier wasn't totally retarded, and was able to do some sort of custom override.
Message 4 of 18 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Sep 17, 2012

johngie wrote:
Bought mine at Walmart. Wouldn't scan at the till. Luckily, the cashier wasn't totally retarded, and was able to do some sort of custom override.

So he was a lil retarded? Right. Anyway, is there any reason for the early release? I read something on the blog that they allowed it, but I think it was just a mistake from one store and like the domino effect everyone started to release it too.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 5 of 18 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

it was official.  but you are right... the retailers kinda hastened the sales....there was a message that got sent out:

Sony's Eric Levine notes that "production on LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita was completed earlier than expected, and due to the excitement from our retail partners, some have decided to put it on shelves as soon as the product was received."

-IGN

"Production on LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita was completed earlier than expected and due to the excitement from our retail partners, we have moved from a street date to a launch date, which means that retailers can sell the game once they receive product," a representative told Game Informer.

-GameInformer

Message 6 of 18 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Sep 17, 2012

the cashier scaned mine and asked the manager and they said it was recalled. (I was wondering why there was 6 copys and none of them where sold) they must of never got Sony's email. Im angry and I dont want to wait till next tuesday Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 18 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Sep 17, 2012

macy113 wrote:

the cashier scaned mine and asked the manager and they said it was recalled. (I was wondering why there was 6 copys and none of them where sold) they must of never got Sony's email. Im angry and I dont want to wait till next tuesday Smiley Sad

Ahhhh, the classic we-don't-really-know-what's-going-on-but-have-to-tell-them-something response.

Just find a Gamestop.

Message 8 of 18 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Oh. Ebgames.ca and GameStop.com have changed LBP Vita back to the 9/25/2012 Release date and is no longer Ships in 24 hours.

Message 9 of 18 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Yeah I cant. I live in Canada so its EBGames and the closest one is a hour away from me.

Message 10 of 18 (276 Views)
0 Likes