First Son
1 posts

Re: Little issue with parental controls...

Sep 4, 2010

same here i just made a new acount and i cant play online because of parent control that i didnt put on

mw2 sucks without it

Message 11 of 39 (5,034 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Sep 4, 2010

just out of curiosity how do you mane an account the master account? just by being the first one?

Message 12 of 39 (5,034 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 21, 2010

I did EVERYTHING you guys said. I turned off all kinds of Parental Control in the device. I logged in with the Master Account and turned off everything too. I'm 16, and Bad Company 2's PEGI Rating IS 16. But the Parental Control is 9?? Whatever I TURNED EVERYTHING OFF!! And I still get that annoying Message!!! HELP!!!!!!

Message 13 of 39 (5,034 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 21, 2010

And NO I will not make another account. I'm a Level 10 Trophy Collector. No way I'm gonna recollect all that!!

Message 14 of 39 (5,034 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 15, 2010

Hi,

Somebody found any solutions to this matter?

Message 15 of 39 (5,034 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 7, 2010

Wow! I'm going to try this. What the other guy's problem was the same as mine, except on COD Black Ops! If it works, thanks! If not, too bad, I'll just have to keep looking.

Message 16 of 39 (5,034 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 31, 2010

I know what the problem is: Under "(PlayStation®Network) > > > " the "Content Restriction" setting is missing.

The setting should do the following:

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=184 states:

Content Restriction

With this setting, a Master Account holder can:

• Prevent a Sub Account from buying game content through the PlayStation Network that is rated higher than his/her age according to the ESRB rating system
  • Prevent a Sub Account from playing PlayStation®3 format software content on the PlayStation Network that is rated higher than his age according to the ESRB rating system
  • The default value is set to "On" meaning content will be restricted based on user age

• If this restriction is removed, Sub Accounts will be able to buy and play any content, including content that is rated higher than their age, or is inappropriate for their age according to the ESRB rating system.

I have no idea why it's gone, I just know because it's not there on my mom's master account, and because of that, the multiplayer part of AC: Brotherhood (and uplay on both ACII and AC: Brotherhood) is ruined for me.

Message 17 of 39 (5,034 Views)
    0 Likes
    First Son
    1 posts

Mar 20, 2011

I had that probolem but solved it.

Phone up playstation on the number in the back page of any PS3 GAME instructions. press the numbers that you need and tell them that you want to play online on a game that parental controls is blocking you for. do what they say, sign out then sign back in to psn and everything should have worked and you can play online!

Message 18 of 39 (5,034 Views)
    0 Likes
    First Son
    1 posts

Dec 14, 2011

Yeah its aweful!!! It won't even let me play on Quantum Of Solace Online!!! I'm 15 and have my DOB set up to my original age and they block me from play a 12! Sony, sort your data correction out!

Message 19 of 39 (5,034 Views)
    0 Likes
    First Son
    1 posts

Jan 15, 2012

I am having the same problem have you fixed yours yet and if so please do share.

Message 20 of 39 (5,034 Views)
    0 Likes