Nov 29 2009
By: TCardinalOD12 First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Little issue with parental controls...

38 replies 48798 views Edited Nov 29, 2009

So until about half an hour ago, my PS3 had parental controls that wouldn't let me play most games online. I finally got my dad to disable everything completely, and yet when I try to play Modern Warfare 2 online with them, I get this:

Notice: online service is disabled on your PlayStation Network account due to parental control restrictions.

Even after we've turned off EVERYTHING, I still get blocked by something. Anyone else have this issue but solved it? Or is it not the PS3, is it my account? And if it's the latter, where do I go to disable the restrictions?

Message 1 of 39 (48,798 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: Little issue with parental controls...

Jan 24, 2010
I have been getting the same message! It's really annoying. Can anybody help with this I really want to play online, and no my parents don't have any restrictions on it, and i made sure they were all off.
Message 2 of 39 (48,798 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Jan 24, 2010

TCardinalOD12 wrote:

So until about half an hour ago, my PS3 had parental controls that wouldn't let me play most games online. I finally got my dad to disable everything completely, and yet when I try to play Modern Warfare 2 online with them, I get this:

Notice: online service is disabled on your PlayStation Network account due to parental control restrictions.

Even after we've turned off EVERYTHING, I still get blocked by something. Anyone else have this issue but solved it? Or is it not the PS3, is it my account? And if it's the latter, where do I go to disable the restrictions?

I have heard of this before, never been able to figure it out. I think it has something to do with your age setting on your profile...that is the only thing I can think of.
Message 3 of 39 (48,798 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
566 posts

Jan 24, 2010

TCardinalOD12 wrote:

Do you really have all restrictions turned off?  Are you loging in using a "subaccount"?

Go to the   "Setting -> Security -> BD Parental Control (do not restrict - off)" as well as "Setting -> Security -> Parental Control (+9, or off).  It needs both, and restart your machine, then log in.

Message 4 of 39 (48,798 Views)
Sackboy
566 posts

Jan 24, 2010

IvanLine wrote:

TCardinalOD12 wrote:

Do you really have all restrictions turned off?  Are you loging in using a "subaccount"?

Go to the   "Setting -> Security -> BD Parental Control (do not restrict - off)" as well as "Setting -> Security -> Parental Control (+9, or off).  It needs both, and restart your machine, then log in.

If you login using a sub-account, there is a further parental restriction setting with that subaccount that needs to be turned off. It's under account management settings.

Message 5 of 39 (48,798 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 24, 2010
none of this worked for me.  any other ways? I have all of the parental restrictions off. this is really annoying because i got this game as a gift from my parents and i am only 15. Is it because I'm not 18 that it won't let me play online? Real annoying Playstation...this shouldn't happen.
Message 6 of 39 (48,798 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8540 posts

Jan 24, 2010

try creating a new user, with a new email and password, and set your birthday so it says you're older,, sign it up for the psn and see if it works.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 39 (48,798 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jan 25, 2010
I figured it out!!! Go to the master account and sign in. then go to the account management button and press it. then go to sub account settings and you can see to disable the restrictions. if you need more info go here...http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/347/session/L2F2LzIvc2lkL0R1VFdTUVNq
Message 8 of 39 (48,798 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 25, 2010

Its still showing up as "Online services disabled on your PlayStation Network account due to parental control restrictions." i have all the restrictions set to off.. i even restored all my settings to default and it didn't help..can someone plz help me its super annoying not being able to play online

Message 9 of 39 (48,798 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41786 posts

May 25, 2010
How old are you?, are you old enough to play MW2?
CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 10 of 39 (48,798 Views)
0 Likes