Dec 26 2012
By: SteveO1966 Gaming Beast 2213 posts

Limits of the PS Vita?

9 replies 361 views Edited Dec 26, 2012

Okay...  I have a few questions, and no I didn't search for results, since I may add my own two cents.

I was trying to add all my games to my vita, and I try to keep them sorted and all together.  Like PSN games will be on a page or if I have enough of them 2 pages...   I tried cleaning up my pages, and I need to add another page, and it wouldn't let me.  I have a 32g card..

So what you are telling me is we are only limited to 10 pages???  And Lord knows how many games...  Kinda makes me mad I can't go beyond the 10 pages, now I'm gonna have to redo my backgrounds to just plan default ones.

What is one to do once they reach the max on games and pages??

Message 1 of 10 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
557 posts

Re: Limits of the PS Vita?

Dec 26, 2012
1. Yes 10 pages = 100 Bubbles
2. Get ps + for cloud saves
3. Get anouther 32gb card
The only gamer that's never played a game.
Message 2 of 10 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Dec 26, 2012

I don't know anyone who's hit the limit, but while I agree it would be nice to have some kind of folder capability -- especially if Sony is going to force to waste screen real estate on crap like Welcome Park that can't be deleted -- I have to ask:  do you jump between games *that* extremely?  I usually only have a couple of games I cycle through, and a few more casual games for occasional use.

Obviously not a filesystem issue, just a presentation issue that Sony didn't plan for.  I'd dare say, though, you're probably in the vast minority running into this issue.

Message 3 of 10 (345 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 27, 2012

100 bubbles.

You have 90+ games?

WHAT. THE. HECK.

I dont know, I consider myself a gamer, but I never owned anywhere near that much for for my PSP or my PS2 even (closer to 40 titles there) back in the day.

Dude..........WOW. 

I would have thought 90 bubbles (allowing 10 for non-removables) would be enough for anybody.

Message 4 of 10 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Dec 27, 2012
Well, I'm at 60. Give me another year of apps, updates, games, and PSP/PS1 games, and I'll likely hit that mark. A few more customization options for the bubbles would be nice.
Message 5 of 10 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Dec 29, 2012

WARAIN-Ez wrote:

100 bubbles.

You have 90+ games?

WHAT. THE. HECK.

I dont know, I consider myself a gamer, but I never owned anywhere near that much for for my PSP or my PS2 even (closer to 40 titles there) back in the day.

Dude..........WOW. 

I would have thought 90 bubbles (allowing 10 for non-removables) would be enough for anybody.

To answer most:

Well, I've been using backgrounds with the names of each section on the side.. so it holds a total of 8 bubbles.  Plus there are some pages not full yet, because they are labeled like PSN Games, which I don't usually buy, but do have a few..

I just thought having 32g would give more pages then just 10.  it's almost like 32g is a waste since most likely all of it won't be used.

Right now I'm sitting at 29 physical games, doesn't not include apps or downloaded psp games or psn games, like table tanks..

And yes, I tend to jump around on games, when I get bored with one, I go in to one I haven't played in a while, although Lord Of The Rings is the one I've been playing a lot of, and almost got all the trophy's.

Message 6 of 10 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Funny thing is that I just got my vita a few days ago and realized this like yesterday. I was like only 10 pages?? **bleep**? .. but not sure how long it would take to fill all that up. So far I just have Gravity Rush and COD Declassified. Hopefully later they create a patch that adds more pages. Because eventhough I would probably never fill it all up I would like the option for more because I fear that I will run out of room even if that will probably never happen but yeah.. that's what anxiety does to ya..

Message 7 of 10 (212 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11375 posts

Dec 29, 2012

The 4 and 8GB cards are designed for those that prefer to have the majority of their games on physical media.

The 16 and 32GB cards are designed for those that prefer digital download.

If you are primarily a physical media type, then the 32GB card is probably overkill for you unless you buy a bunch of PSN games that aren't available on physical media.

I was going to go mostly physical, so I originally bought an 8GB card.  Then they released PS+ for the Vita, so I upgraded to a 32GB card, downloaded all the current titles, and along with the contents of my nearly full 8GB card, I currently have only 17GB free on my 32GB card.  And that is with only 13 games (I only have 2 physical games left - traded in the rest toward the new memory card).

Message 8 of 10 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2012

WARAIN-Ez wrote:

Thing is, with backwards compatibility it's not that hard to achieve. You have PSV + PSP + PSX. Reaching 100 bubbles isn't that unexpected. You already have 16 bubbles taken by default, then you have certain apps that most people use such as Youtube, FB, Twitter and you could say 20 bubbles are already taken by useful apps / shovelware. That leaves 80 bubbles for games and between three different systems that's not a lot~.

Message 9 of 10 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Dec 29, 2012

I'd rather them increase the number of bubbles per page. The bubbles are huge and there is a lot of wasted space.

Message 10 of 10 (128 Views)
0 Likes