Last Guardian
12008 posts

Re: Lifespan after November

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Just like every generation change, you will slowly begin to see retail stores have bigger displays for the current gen of games / consoles.

Sure, they may still sell PS3 / 360 games and consoles, but the selection will be poor.

This is just to be expected.

It's not that Sony / MS will be abandoning their former systems, it's the stores trying to sell whats "hot."

After awhile, video game only retailers and internet retailers will be the best places to continue buying PS3 / 360 games.

Many people will still continue to buy / play games on their PS3 / 360, even after picking up a PS4 / Xbox One. Including myself.

There are still plenty of games I've yet to play Smiley Happy Then there will be those people who don't adopt to the next gen right away and will continue to play on their PS3 / 360 for the next few years. They won't be obsolete right away.

well as it stands right now the last ps3 games im buying is gtav, beyond two souls, saints row 4 and the ps3 versions of final fantasy x and x-2

after that its all ps4 games unless the game is only coming out on the ps3

>

Message 11 of 21 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Teus wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

Just like every generation change, you will slowly begin to see retail stores have bigger displays for the current gen of games / consoles.

Sure, they may still sell PS3 / 360 games and consoles, but the selection will be poor.

This is just to be expected.

It's not that Sony / MS will be abandoning their former systems, it's the stores trying to sell whats "hot."

After awhile, video game only retailers and internet retailers will be the best places to continue buying PS3 / 360 games.

Many people will still continue to buy / play games on their PS3 / 360, even after picking up a PS4 / Xbox One. Including myself.

There are still plenty of games I've yet to play Smiley Happy Then there will be those people who don't adopt to the next gen right away and will continue to play on their PS3 / 360 for the next few years. They won't be obsolete right away.

well as it stands right now the last ps3 games im buying is gtav, beyond two souls, saints row 4 and the ps3 versions of final fantasy x and x-2

after that its all ps4 games unless the game is only coming out on the ps3

That is just new releases. You don't have any older PS3 titles in your mental backlog that you still want to play?

I have a long list of PS3 games I still want to buy / play. Hell, even have a short list of PS1 and PS2 titles I never got around to playing back then.

That is what I love about these generation changes. It gives time for me to get a little more caught up on some older games, because the new console won't exactly be blasting out many games right off the bat / so frequently.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 12 of 21 (111 Views)
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Look how long PS2 lasted. The PS3 still has alot of games coming well into 2014. Dont expect the system to be discontinued anytime soon.
Message 13 of 21 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Jul 7, 2013

pre ordered my ps4 the dat after sonys e3 conference, will get it day one and can guarentee i will still play games on my ps3. may be on ps4 for awhile, but once the excitement of new games and consoles is over, ill try and catch up on old ps3 titles which will for sure get cheaper as time goes on.  

Message 14 of 21 (106 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Jul 7, 2013
You wont see as many AAA titles on the PS3, but there are always blinks of greatness when a console is succeded.
Message 15 of 21 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Jul 7, 2013

agree. prolly see the sports games for a few years+ and maybe even games like call of duty a year or two after ghosts but dont expect big time games like the last of us. if the ps3 does get exclusive games the ps4 doesnt get, i think itd be just silly. thats all.

Message 16 of 21 (85 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Jul 8, 2013

They probably are going to release some ps3 games for the next year but, don't expect to much after that.  I bet by the end of 2014 there won't be any ps3 or xbox 360 games in development.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 17 of 21 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

How many stores do you see selling VCRs these days?

A lot after November when the XBOX One is released.

People may buy that mistaking it for a VCR.

Before some XBOX fanboy runs in here too.. I'm aware the PS4 is no oil painting either.

Message 18 of 21 (71 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

How many stores do you see selling VCRs these days?

A lot after November when the XBOX One is released.

People may buy that mistaking it for a VCR.

Before some XBOX fanboy runs in here too.. I'm aware the PS4 is no oil painting either.

LMAO! Good one!

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 19 of 21 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

They probably are going to release some ps3 games for the next year but, don't expect to much after that.  I bet by the end of 2014 there won't be any ps3 or xbox 360 games in development.

This pained me. I'm going to have internal hemorrhaging if I keep reading the stuff here.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 20 of 21 (57 Views)
0 Likes