Limit Breaker
22581 posts

Re: Life expectancy of Vita's OLED screen?

Jan 4, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Until I see a large OLED TV in person, don't think there will be much of a difference between an OLED and the better LED TVs out there. After I hopefully get a 3D LED TV this year, the next step would probably be an auto-stereoscopic TV...

be sure to show me the pictures of your 3D LED TV!!

since we talked about 3D TV... last year as well remember.. i got mine for sometimes now..  and rarely use it for 3D.. ..

but at least i have 1 if anyone asked..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 51 of 65 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 4, 2012

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Until I see a large OLED TV in person, don't think there will be much of a difference between an OLED and the better LED TVs out there. After I hopefully get a 3D LED TV this year, the next step would probably be an auto-stereoscopic TV...

be sure to show me the pictures of your 3D LED TV!!

since we talked about 3D TV... last year as well remember.. i got mine for sometimes now..  and rarely use it for 3D.. ..

but at least i have 1 if anyone asked..

I already purchased a 23" LG 3DTV from Best Buy last month. It was on sale for $250, down from $450. But, I will probably take it back because I am not quite satisfied with it. I see some crosstalk issues with it that I don't see with the larger more expensive LG 3DTVs, so I will probably wait for a newer model.

But I do like the 3D effects this TV does, I watched Megamind 3D & Toy Story 3D both looked pretty good. I also used the 2D to 3D function on the movie 2012, and that worked pretty good too. The 2D to 3D fuction works pretty good on video games too..

Here is a link if you want to read more about it: http://www.lg.com/ie/it-products/monitors/LG-3d-monitor-DM2350D.jsp

Message 52 of 65 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 4, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Autostereoscopic TVs have been released in Japan and Europe, I believe. The main issue with them is that (like the 3DS) you have to position your head in specific areas in order to see the full 3D effect. Ones that are about to be introduced have a camera system in the TV itself that will scan the room to determine where the faces in the room are and adjust the TV so everyone in the room can see the 3D effect. I think this works for 6-8 people at once.

I don't know if and OLED is necessarily better for the environment, the main feature of an OLED display is that the organic pixel elements in the display emit the light itsef, rather than using a backlight like an LED & LCD uses. The least environmentally friendly device would be the LCD set, since the CFL backlight it uses has mercury in them...

oh okay thank you for the information.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 53 of 65 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22581 posts

Jan 4, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I already purchased a 23" LG 3DTV from Best Buy last month. It was on sale for $250, down from $450. But, I will probably take it back because I am not quite satisfied with it. I see some crosstalk issues with it that I don't see with the larger more expensive LG 3DTVs, so I will probably wait for a newer model.

But I do like the 3D effects this TV does, I watched Megamind 3D & Toy Story 3D both looked pretty good. I also used the 2D to 3D function on the movie 2012, and that worked pretty good too. The 2D to 3D fuction works pretty good on video games too..

Here is a link if you want to read more about it: http://www.lg.com/ie/it-products/monitors/LG-3d-monitor-DM2350D.jsp

Logical.  if you going to get a 3D at that size..

why not just get the SONY 3D 24IN 3D TV then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWpqDwztCFc

I saw it at Bestbuy around December 5th when i stopped by a local store to pick up the game i ordered from their website..

it's like $300     since if you don't mind the small size

**as for me.. once you move from 32in LCD   to 47in LED...  there's no going back..  my next to tv will be 60in.. but i want OLED though..  i hope it used even less power and provide an even better quality than my LED tv.. then i'm happy..

Message 54 of 65 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 4, 2012

That display doesn't do 2D to 3D conversion, which is a deal breaker for me even at $300. If it ever goes to $200, maybe I will reconsider. I also want passive 3D so that I don't have to purchase expensive active glasses. I knew it was a mistake to sell that display for $500, when you could buy bigger 3D displays for less, or not much more.

I will eventually get a smaller 3D display, but I am going to concentrate first on a larger display (55"). I'll see what they introduce at CES, but hopefully I will see what LG and Vizio have something good for me to look forward to...

Message 55 of 65 (95 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13580 posts

Jan 4, 2012

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I saw it at Bestbuy around December 5th when i stopped by a local store to pick up the game i ordered from their website..

**as for me.. once you move from 32in LCD   to 47in LED...  there's no going back..  my next to tv will be 60in.. but i want OLED though..  i hope it used even less power and provide an even better quality than my LED tv.. then i'm happy..

Aren't the LED TVs of today just LCD TVs with LED backlights?

Message 56 of 65 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 4, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

That is exactly what they are, but because the LED backlighting provides a broader spectrum of light the colors look much brighter and the picture much sharper IMO...

Message 57 of 65 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 8, 2012

My main concern is that there will be games that are only released on Vita.  If I want to play it again later I don't want to buy another system because the screen has gone all wonky.  I can still play GBA games and even original Game Boy games now and they've been around much longer than five years.  If the system is as powerful as it sounds then emulation may not be available for a while if ever.  Even PS2 emulation isn't totally dependable.  I hate to see good games fade away.

Message 58 of 65 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22581 posts

Jan 16, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

That display doesn't do 2D to 3D conversion, which is a deal breaker for me even at $300. If it ever goes to $200, maybe I will reconsider. I also want passive 3D so that I don't have to purchase expensive active glasses. I knew it was a mistake to sell that display for $500, when you could buy bigger 3D displays for less, or not much more.

I will eventually get a smaller 3D display, but I am going to concentrate first on a larger display (55"). I'll see what they introduce at CES, but hopefully I will see what LG and Vizio have something good for me to look forward to...

there's a feature that i want in that Sony 3D tv.

simulview!!

that's a nice feature!!

but having to wear glasses to use it.. ...  i'll rather get 60in screen and just cut the screen in half when playing co-op offline instead   LOL

Message 59 of 65 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22581 posts

Jan 16, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

That is exactly what they are, but because the LED backlighting provides a broader spectrum of light the colors look much brighter and the picture much sharper IMO...

LED is thinner, sharper quality, use less power, and also last longer (life time wise)..

this is why i pick LED over LCD....

but it looks like OLED will be taking over for LED for me..  as my new TV in the next 2-3 yrs..

when there's an OLED tv is is around 55in on sale for around $1000... that's the time for me to get one!!

Message 60 of 65 (95 Views)
0 Likes