Reply
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: Life expectancy of Vita's OLED screen?

Dec 18, 2011

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I think the Vita will launch with around 17 games, which is probably around the amount of games as the PSP launched with.

I found out that the Vita's memory card prices are actually a little cheaper than what Sony was charging for the M2 memory cards that the PSPgo used by $5-$10.

The battery life is not that high probably because of the powerful 4 core processor in the Vita. The internal battery in not replaceable, but you can buy a separate external battery to extend the battery life.

I think OLED technology has progressed enough, no one needs to worry about it .

The 3G plan is through at&t, and it will work like the iPad. No monthly fee & no contract, using a pre-paid data plan based on the amount of data you want.

that is what i hate about apple's itouch/iphone/ipad..

irreplaceable battery--

memory card is cheap.. but cheap as in SD memory card price?..

sony any stuffs has has SONY on it aren't cheap.. when comparing to others..

**i don't know..   from the look of it   .. i might have to cough up $350 -$400   for the PSVITA i wanted.. :/..

I think the advantage of having a non-replaceable battery is that it keeps the unit sleaker in its design. Having a user replaceable battery makes the unit thicker. There is no way the iPad 2 could be as thin as it is if it had a user replaceable battery. As long as the battery is advanced and is able to hold its charge through its life span, it should work out. If not you always have the Costco guarantee.

It is not surprising that the Vita doesn't use SD cards, I believe only Sony digital cameras offer the option of SD cards because it would be foolish not to have that option. I wish the Vita used the M2 cards the PSPgo has, but like I said the Vita memory cards are less expensive in the 4GB and 8GB sizes. Hopefully Sony will allow a 3rd party manufacturer to make a memory card for Vita, which should be less expensive, but this isn't going to happen right away.

Message 11 of 65 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/27/2008
Offline
5189 posts
 

Re: Life expectancy of Vita's OLED screen?

Dec 18, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

.....
The 3G plan is through at&t, and it will work like the iPad. No monthly fee & no contract, using a pre-paid data plan based on the amount of data you want.

There is a monthly fee option for the Global Pass (there are five price structures, 2 monthly, 3 prepaid card based) but there is no contract that ties you to it, you can cancel or join at any time.

Message 12 of 65 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22652 posts
 

Re: Life expectancy of Vita's OLED screen?

Dec 18, 2011

Ocelot562 wrote:

I suppose with this, you can speculate that they'll come out with a new version of the vita a few years down the road.

Photobucket

actually.. what i'm thinking is that

PS VITA will be the gateway to OLED technology to the mass market!!   

pretty soon they will be able to improve the life span of these OLED screen..  and then.. we will see more OLED products..   like OLED HDTV

since didn't PSP has LCD screeen ..   it will the start of something new!!!

it's like that what SONY electronics!!  which is why i like them..  since they often the first one to start something..

CD (psone)   DVD (ps2)   Blu-ray (PS3).. etc.. lol .. you get the ideal...

I'm looking forward to own a 50 in OLED TV   it will be a nice addition to my living room

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 65 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22652 posts
 

Re: Life expectancy of Vita's OLED screen?

Dec 18, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I think the advantage of having a non-replaceable battery is that it keeps the unit sleaker in its design. Having a user replaceable battery makes the unit thicker. There is no way the iPad 2 could be as thin as it is if it had a user replaceable battery. As long as the battery is advanced and is able to hold its charge through its life span, it should work out. If not you always have the Costco guarantee.

It is not surprising that the Vita doesn't use SD cards, I believe only Sony digital cameras offer the option of SD cards because it would be foolish not to have that option. I wish the Vita used the M2 cards the PSPgo has, but like I said the Vita memory cards are less expensive in the 4GB and 8GB sizes. Hopefully Sony will allow a 3rd party manufacturer to make a memory card for Vita, which should be less expensive, but this isn't going to happen right away.

true.. i see people with gigantic android phone because of the battery they put in... :/

as for using SD cards..  no..    not for a long time..

since sony is a big supporter of ANTI-PIRACY..

they created these propriety memory cards in order to combat against PIRACY.. if not at leat keep it in cage for at leat 2-3 yrs of the system life??

since before... blu-ray  and ps3..    it was a good few yrs for sony.. until they knows how to crack them..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 65 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: Life expectancy of Vita's OLED screen?

Dec 18, 2011

OLEDs have already been out in the mass market for quite some time now, in Android phones. The Vita is the first handheld to have the technology. I'm sure that OLED TVs will be the next big leap in flatscreen technology, and will come much sooner than we think...

Message 15 of 65 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22652 posts
 

Re: Life expectancy of Vita's OLED screen?

Dec 18, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

OLEDs have already been out in the mass market for quite some time now, in Android phones. The Vita is the first handheld to have the technology. I'm sure that OLED TVs will be the next big leap in flatscreen technology, and will come much sooner than we think...

SONY was the first to release  the 1st OLED TV   but it was a tiny little one with a $10,000 price tag!!!

i don't have that kind of money... 

$1000 for a 50 in.. yes.. but not  $10,000 for a puny little one.. lol

but with PS VITA  i think the techology will get even more popular..

as they are replacing LCD slowly with LCD-LED tv... maybe 2-3 yrs from now.. it will be like that with OLED tv being release on the market

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 65 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: Life expectancy of Vita's OLED screen?

Dec 18, 2011

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

OLEDs have already been out in the mass market for quite some time now, in Android phones. The Vita is the first handheld to have the technology. I'm sure that OLED TVs will be the next big leap in flatscreen technology, and will come much sooner than we think...

SONY was the first to release  the 1st OLED TV   but it was a tiny little one with a $10,000 price tag!!!

i don't have that kind of money... 

$1000 for a 50 in.. yes.. but not  $10,000 for a puny little one.. lol

but with PS VITA  i think the techology will get even more popular..

as they are replacing LCD slowly with LCD-LED tv... maybe 2-3 yrs from now.. it will be like that with OLED tv being release on the market

The Sony OLED TV I saw was only 11 inches and sold for $2,500 at the time. The one you are talking about was probably just a prototype.

I'm just stating wilth all the Android smartphones out there already with the OLED screens, people are already seeing the benefits of OLED technology, far in advaced of the Vita's release...

Message 17 of 65 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22652 posts
 

Re: Life expectancy of Vita's OLED screen?

Dec 18, 2011

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

The Sony OLED TV I saw was only 11 inches and sold for $2,500 at the time. The one you are talking about was probably just a prototype.

I'm just stating wilth all the Android smartphones out there already with the OLED screens, people are already seeing the benefits of OLED technology, far in advaced of the Vita's release...

yeah.. that's why they call it the first OLED..

as for android phone have oled..  yeah. .i think there area  1-3 brands that have that?

this why i'm excited!!  with ps vita.. maybe pretty soon i can own an affordable OLED tv.. within $1000 within the next 2-4 yrs>??  maybe sooner..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 65 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/29/2011
Offline
276 posts
 

Re: Life expectancy of Vita's OLED screen?

Dec 18, 2011

Sigh, OLED are affordable to anyone. You can buy a 42" for 200 on black friday. But, looking as you cannot read you probably wouldn't know.

Message 19 of 65 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: Life expectancy of Vita's OLED screen?

Dec 18, 2011

ILickPandas wrote:

Sigh, OLED are affordable to anyone. You can buy a 42" for 200 on black friday. But, looking as you cannot read you probably wouldn't know.

You're mistaken, OLED TVs aren't even out in the market yet (in a mass market capacity).

http://www.slashgear.com/lg-to-bring-55-inch-oled-tv-to-market-in-2012-22166838/?utm_source=feedburn...

Message 20 of 65 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes