Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 08 2012
By: Emil113 First Son 3 posts

Licenses for games brought in psn store

4 replies 76 views Edited Nov 8, 2012
I have 2 ps3 systems. I am thinking of upgrading the HDD on the older one. Some of the games i have downloaded in psn store, does only have 2 licenses. If I delete my games from my current HDD will i then be able to install them again, after i have exchanged the HDD?
Message 1 of 5 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Re: Licenses for games brought in psn store

Nov 8, 2012
I would just deactivate first to be sure. Then reactivate the licences once you replace the HDD. And keep in mind any video content is linked to the hard drive so you'll lose it for good.
I think your digital licenses are safe during a HDD swap but you can never be too careful. I lost video content on a console that died and can't dl videos now and actually watch em.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 2 of 5 (67 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15582 posts

Nov 8, 2012

EzraMajor wrote:
I would just deactivate first to be sure. Then reactivate the licences once you replace the HDD. And keep in mind any video content is linked to the hard drive so you'll lose it for good.
I think your digital licenses are safe during a HDD swap but you can never be too careful. I lost video content on a console that died and can't dl videos now and actually watch em.

You can contact Sony directly and have them reset the Video license. Thats never been an issue. It is a security/piracy issue which is why you can only download movie purchases to only one console. Sony doesn't like doing it, but if you're courteous and explain, then they should have no problem doing it.

Its always a good idea to deactivate the console before hand, and then re-activate it after the new hdd install

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 3 of 5 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 9, 2012

What do you mean with "deactivate"? uninstall the game? or deactivate the ps3? and how do I reacivate the licenses again? just by downloading the games again?

Message 4 of 5 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7599 posts

Nov 9, 2012
Hello,

Please refer to the link below on how to activate/deactivate systems.

http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/796/~/activate-%2F-deactivate-a-system-on-th...

Deactivate your system first, swap the hard drive, then reactivate. That refreshes the licenses so you can access your content again.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 5 of 5 (36 Views)
0 Likes