Feb 23 2014
By: leward8 First Son 1 posts

Let us vote on the free game of the month

[ Edited ]
12 replies 177 views Edited Feb 23, 2014

I want there to be and option of 2 or 4 games that we can choose to use as the PlayStation plus free game of the month

Edit: Changed label. For more information on labels, please see this post: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

Message 1 of 13 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Re: Let us vote on the free game of the month

Feb 23, 2014

I can't see this ever happening. It would be a nightmare when it comes to securing contracts and allocating funds with the developers. 

That is, the game developers arent going to sign on to give their game away for free unless they're certain they'll get X amount of money from Sony for the contract. Sony isn't going to offer X amount of money to the developer unless their certain on the amount of people who'll download it. 

Message 2 of 13 (164 Views)
VP of Gaming
29189 posts

Feb 23, 2014

And if the company who makes the game doesn't want it to go out for free?

Message 3 of 13 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Feb 23, 2014

ck2875 wrote:

I can't see this ever happening. It would be a nightmare when it comes to securing contracts and allocating funds with the developers. 

That is, the game developers arent going to sign on to give their game away for free unless they're certain they'll get X amount of money from Sony for the contract. Sony isn't going to offer X amount of money to the developer unless their certain on the amount of people who'll download it. 

Nailed it on the head. Developers aren't giving their games away for free, Sony has to pay them to give up those sales. Don't be greedy either, you're getting multiple free games a month between PS4 and PS3. Be happy with that.

Message 4 of 13 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6100 posts

Feb 23, 2014

ck2875 wrote:

this and also games are negotiated over weeks/months ahead of when they actually become free.

photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 5 of 13 (155 Views)
MVP Support
13881 posts

Feb 23, 2014

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

this and also games are negotiated over weeks/months ahead of when they actually become free.

Ah. Didn't know that.

On a side note, what about a compromise? Too bad Sony can't release a list of the ones that will be coming out and then have a vote on them.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 6 of 13 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Feb 24, 2014

As seen on Steam community sale votes, the masses pick horrible games.

One game that is already super cheap and has a tiny discount somehow beats a game that rarely gets discounted but has a huge discount.

=First in the world to 100% Fat Princess=

Message 7 of 13 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
614 posts

Feb 24, 2014

No.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 8 of 13 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 24, 2014

seraphim_falconu wrote:

No.

Octodad for April LOL. For march lets see.  I dont know really but I wanna know for sure. 

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 9 of 13 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Feb 24, 2014

leward8 wrote:

I want there to be and option of 2 or 4 games that we can choose to use as the PlayStation plus free game of the month

Edit: Changed label. For more information on labels, please see this post: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 13 (99 Views)
0 Likes