Dec 02 2011
By: eaglefan129 Treasure Hunter 8824 posts

Let's predict.(sales of console/games)

17 replies 5 views Edited Dec 2, 2011

Now I think the price of the memory cards (I myself will get the 16gb version because I plan to due both digital and phsyical copy of the games and plus I have a lot of music stored on my psp with an gb card and don't want to lose it and just forget what I'm paying) and maybe the low battery life probably turned people away so the number that I thought the units will be sold was going to be a lot higer then now with the memory card prices. I still think it will outsell the 3DS not by much but it will outsell. The top five games I think will be:

Uncharted:Goldden Abbys

LittleBigPlanet

Modnation Racers

Resistence Burning Skies

Super StarDust Delta

I don't know if people will risk buying the new IP's (although I'm not sure if Little Deviants will count because its being bundled in and I don't know if that counts in terms of sales of that particular game) at launch because they don't know what there getting into at least with these games they know what to suspect going in thus consumers trust these IP's so they'll go to them cause they know they won't waste the money on some new IP. That's why I think in the game industry you see less developers creating something fresh because people probably won't buy as much if they know an existing IP like Call of duty.

Message 1 of 18 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Re: Let's predict.(sales of console/games)

Dec 2, 2011

Do you HONESTLY think you're going to have digital copies of games and lots of music on a 16GB? I am shocked you or anyone else would consider the prices.

Message 2 of 18 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8824 posts

Dec 2, 2011

yep good luck with your boycott while I"m enjoying the vita and everone els on this forum.

Message 3 of 18 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Dec 2, 2011

In light of smartphones, you really need this system at that cost? Kinda sad if you ask me but to each their own I guess. Especially in this economy, I am sure many people will be easily pushed away from the console with these memory prices, regardless of their desire for portable gaming. I think you will find more people will boycott inadvertently just do to the fact they cannot afford it.

Yeah, there are a couple of games that I wouldn't mind playing on the Vita but nothing to lose any sleep over.

I also think it's odd supporting a company that is basically spitting in your face. They know as well as you do that they are grossly over charging for the storage.

Message 4 of 18 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Dec 2, 2011

Why you still on the forum then?

Message 5 of 18 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Dec 3, 2011

Yea go relax and play some angry birds on that smart phone or whatever it is you call games. I'll be playing uncharted on a real gaming device

Message 6 of 18 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8824 posts

Dec 3, 2011

KingRQM wrote:

Yea go relax and play some angry birds on that smart phone or whatever it is you call games. I'll be playing uncharted on a real gaming device

I wouldn't be surprised though if there is a angry birds on the vita

Message 7 of 18 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 3, 2011

@eaglefan129 well there is angry birds on psp's minis. I do think though it would work better on ps vita though.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 8 of 18 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Dec 3, 2011

eaglefan129 wrote:

KingRQM wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised though if there is a angry birds on the vita

lol now that i think about it, there is a possibility. Is there angry birds on the xperia play? because i heard a while back that the apps from the xperia play will work on vita. So if xperia play has angry birds, vita has angry birds!!

Message 9 of 18 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8824 posts

Dec 3, 2011

yea its practically on anything that is capable to play games so why not Vita (I'm very curious how much money Angry Birds has made it's developer) who made Angry Birds imo?. Its made for touch screens not for buttons.

Message 10 of 18 (5 Views)
0 Likes