Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Re: Let's predict.(sales of console/games)

Dec 3, 2011

Well at a dollar per download, i think thats a lot of money, especially since everyone has angry birds on their phone. and yes angry birds is made for touch screens, mouse, and other things that can function like a touch screen. Its good that sony is trying to attract a wider audience as people who enjoy these types of games will not have to pay as much money for them, as was said on another thread, that sony will be making games with varying price ranges.

Message 11 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8821 posts

Dec 3, 2011

I'm probably the one few who hasn't played Angry Birds reason I don't own a smart phone and I don't know why it attracts so much attention.

Message 12 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Dec 3, 2011

If youre interested you can download google chrome and add angry birds to it for free, and its in hd. I also dont see the point of it, they say its addicting but its way too repetitive and gets boring after awhile, and you get the feeling that you dont wanna play it.

Message 13 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Dec 3, 2011

Angry birds is pretty much a clone of Crush the Castle. Yet because it has the simplist of BIRDS and PIGLETS people are like ZOMFGWTFBBQ

Message 14 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Dec 3, 2011

KingRQM wrote:

Well at a dollar per download, i think thats a lot of money, especially since everyone has angry birds on their phone. and yes angry birds is made for touch screens, mouse, and other things that can function like a touch screen. Its good that sony is trying to attract a wider audience as people who enjoy these types of games will not have to pay as much money for them, as was said on another thread, that sony will be making games with varying price ranges.

It's only a dollar per download on the Apple market.

The Android market has all Angry Birds versions for free.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Dec 3, 2011

I for one will be part of the "Launch sales" statistics. I love seeing comments like "I really want the Vita but I will wait for a price drop". Seriously? People would miss almost a year of a new handheld for a measly $50 price drop the following christmas season? $300-$400 for is not that much money these days and it's very easy to save up that amount, especially since we have close to 3 months before the Vita is launched. Go boycott somewhere else.

Rant over.

Message 16 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Dec 3, 2011

Ya ive got angry birds on my go, but the game keeps crashing my go (probably wont happen with the vita though).

Message 17 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Dec 3, 2011

I, for one, really hope for the PS Vita's success.  I consider myself in between an average and hardcore gamer.  Like many others, I am far from satisfied with the games available on my mobile phone.  They just can't keep me occupied for more than 20 minutes at a time.  I tend to travel a lot as well so that plays a big role.  Also, sometimes I want to get in a quick 20 minutes of game play before heading out the door.  The PS Vita would be much more convenient than turning on my PS3 and much more fulfilling than angry birds.  Ever had a sleepless night and tried to pass the time on your phone?  Man, it's just agonizing.  With the PS Vita, I can get lost in a game and not even realize how much time I've stayed up.  (when playing angry birds in the middle of the night and you've already had enough, you know only 20 minutes has gone by, and it sucks when you're still wide awake).

As far as memory cards are concerned, even I have to admit, they are expensive.  I REALLY want the 32GB.  Money is not the issue for me (I spend up to $3000 on a radio controlled helicopter... the PS Vita is just a bad crash for me).  However, I will not be happy to see a 64GB come out shortly after.  If they had a 64GB for $120-140, I'd be all over it without hesitation.

Honestly, my biggest concerned about these cards is losing them.  I don't know how many the PS Vita cases holds, but man, you drop one somewhere... forget about it.  The case better hold those little bastards securely.

Yeah, I'm getting a PS Vita and like I said, I hope for its success.  Being able to play real games with OTHERS is a huge benefit.  I play 'hanging with friends' and poker on my phone more than any other game.  Why?  Because I'm playing with other people.  But step up those simplistic games to something like COD?  Wipe out?  Yeah, you'll have a winner.  I just hope there are enough numbers of the PS Vita to take advantage of such multiplayer capabilities.

Message 18 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes