Feb 01 2014
By: nour321 Survivor 2567 posts

Let's bring this idea to PS Vita!

[ Edited ]
5 replies 237 views Edited Feb 13, 2014

(To start off, sorry for the two-meaning title Smiley Tongue)

The vita has a downside compared to the PSP, PS3 And PS4 which is having to power off the whole system in order to change game cartridges and/or memory sticks.

I have an idea since this only happens because the vita requires it to be ready to be taken out obviously and without corrupting data you HAVE to power the system off.

But what if we can make a patch, or application that allows the vita to change the game cartridge without powering off?

It's a bubble icon with the same Power button design as the PCH-1000 has but instead has an eject symbol instead of the power button and I'm sorry for being too specific.

Anyway, in order to launch this app, anything open must be closed.
It has a silver menu with options such as "Copy from memory stick", "Upload", "Eject game card", and "Eject memory stick" (Requires restart).

This app has 5GB cloud storage for the previous and current session ONLY. You can copy from memory stick, a selected game, Since some games take 4GB + patch file, there's 5GB storage.
Once you copy from memory stick, it prompts you to eject the memorystick, you restart, and copy to the other memorystick. This app is saved to system and not the memory stick itself, like the browser history, or messages, and small things like that.

Just my idea that will be shot down by the next few comments v.v

Thanks for probably reading.

Edit: Updated subject title. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 6 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3221 posts

Re: Let's bring this idea to vita!

Feb 1, 2014
I think it's a good idea if they could get it to work.
Message 2 of 6 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12018 posts

Feb 1, 2014
I changed a cartridge without powering off without issues..

Just stop running the game before you switch it..

>

Message 3 of 6 (201 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Feb 1, 2014
i just want them to add a regular alarmclock lol

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 4 of 6 (195 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 1, 2014

nour321 wrote:
The vita has a downside compared to the PSP, PS3 And PS4 which is having to power off the whole system in order to change game cartridges and/or memory sticks.

You don't have to power off the system to change game carts, you just close the game and that's all. If you've been shuting down the PSV everytime you change a game then I feel almost bad for you~.

Memcards will always require you to power off the system no matter what as the contents of the pages in the PSV reflect directly what's on the memcard. Furthermore, in the case of swapping accounts rebooting the system is a must as you can't store account information as a session~.

Message 5 of 6 (193 Views)
Highlighted
Survivor
2567 posts

Feb 1, 2014
Wha?

I only have digital games so I use memory sticks. Still need to swap lol.

Message 6 of 6 (172 Views)
0 Likes