Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SCEA
1482 posts

Re: Let's Talk About PlayStation Plus

Playstation Staff
Aug 9, 2011

BRIT-KO wrote:

I like Plus, I have definitely got my monies worth, I have even re-subscribed already, there's just so much more that can & should be done to both show loyalty to us subscribers & to promote the system, somtimes its like Sony doesn't care.

Okay I could go on but i'll shut up now, bye!

The PSN team is on it, and we've got an eye on how we can raise Plus members satisfaction day in and day out. It takes time, but we're here and listening. Not everything is possible of course, and some are more challenging than others, but we want to look at all options on the table and it's feedback like this that will help us make things better and better.

Keep the comments and discussion coming.

- morgan haro, SCEA Sr. Project Manager - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 41 of 215 (80 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4710 posts

Aug 9, 2011

mochuuu wrote:

Well we've been able to roll out a few things since the conversation first started.

For one, there's PSN PLAY, which gives a Plus discount for Day 1 New Releases. Do you guys feel like that's making your Plus membership worth it to have access to this type of content? Why or why not? Share your thoughts!

In regards to some of the suggestions:

- Going to look into the tech behind getting the Plus icons here on the PS Community forums. Might be a total pain   but hopefully it's doable!

- The minis don't take away from our ability to get content in Plus. I understand they're not everyone's cup of tea, but they're great for those with families (young ones) as well as folks looking for new experiences. But minis going away won't make like...Limbo free or anything =)

- Going to look into exclusive Avatars for Plus. Also, exclusive items in Home.

These aren't promises, just will make it a point to look into them and try to make em' happen!  If you ever have a question on how anything is going on my end; feel free to post them here, but again, please be patient.

Keep the conversation and questions going =)

PSN PLAY is good, is the Home item an exclusive or something that will later be available? Day 1 discounts are always great and worth it. Also offering early access to games is good. Avatars and Home content doesn't have to be free either, some items can have a price tag. You should see about contacting the EU team to access the Plus shirt and emote for the US Home.

Message 42 of 215 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Aug 9, 2011

i agree with brit on the minis. the only thing i download from ps plus are the free games which are pretty bad i have to admit but theyre free so im not complaining. i would also like to see better free dynamic themes. basically the only thing i use my ps plus for is free games. i dont use the discounts or minis. call me crazy but oh well the cost of ps plus doesnt bother me

Message 43 of 215 (80 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Aug 9, 2011

mochuuu wrote:

For one, there's PSN PLAY, which gives a Plus discount for Day 1 New Releases. Do you guys feel like that's making your Plus membership worth it to have access to this type of content? Why or why not? Share your thoughts!

I like the concept - I have been calling for day one discounts as a must have for a while.  With that said, I doubt I will pick up any of the titles.

Message 44 of 215 (80 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30416 posts

Aug 9, 2011

mochuuu wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

I like Plus, I have definitely got my monies worth, I have even re-subscribed already, there's just so much more that can & should be done to both show loyalty to us subscribers & to promote the system, somtimes its like Sony doesn't care.

Okay I could go on but i'll shut up now, bye!

The PSN team is on it, and we've got an eye on how we can raise Plus members satisfaction day in and day out. It takes time, but we're here and listening. Not everything is possible of course, and some are more challenging than others, but we want to look at all options on the table and it's feedback like this that will help us make things better and better.

Keep the comments and discussion coming.

Great, I look really forward to seeing PS Plus promoted, I just hope that Sony doesn't forget those of us that were day one or early adopters of their service & also those of us that have already re-subscribed for another year, loyalty is something that needs to & must be both appreciated & recognized by Sony & is something they want to encourage in the future too.

I know the Minis are not to everyones liking, occasionally the odd one has 'grabbed' my attention span for more than a few minutes, but I have to say not many, but yes as you said above Mochuuu, cutting back on the Minis won't suddenly free up other items, I think we both understand & appreciate that.

PSN PLAY on the face of it appears to be Sony's answer to Microsofts 'Summer of Arcade', Microsofts idea has it appears been very successful & I can't blame Sony for 'julpming on the bandwagon' so to speak, however having looked at the 4 or so games being offered its not making me breathless with anticipation, but I suppose like the Minis not everything will be to everyone's liking, that's life I suppose.

With regard to the Plus icon being made available in these Forums, surely if they can integrate it into the PS Blog as they did a week or so ago it can't be too hard to do the same here can it?

Again just to reiterate what I & some of the others have already said, Home integration is needed, I'd like a reason to go back to PS Home, an area of the XMB I now hardly visit, as suggested already talk to the UK/EU guys & girls about this, transferring their space to the US shouldn't be that difficult should it?

In all the time Plus has been available why there have never been any exclusive Plus Avatars is beyond me, geezzz they should have come free with the Subscription, again this comes down to bad advertising, its a good idea, cheap or free Megaman Avatars are all well & good but the Avatar sectiopn of Plus doesn't need to be full of them!

Thanks for coming back to us mochuuu, I & I am sure others appreciate the feedback, we also appreciate that these things take a little time & organizing & can't simply happen over-night.

Message 45 of 215 (80 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Aug 9, 2011

mochuuu wrote:

Well we've been able to roll out a few things since the conversation first started.

I personally dont buy things on their release date usually.  Im more of a "finish this game first" type of gamer and dont like to have more than 2 or 3 different games im "in progress" at any given time.   That being said if you peek at my trophies you will see I still play a LOT of games and have bought a lot of PSstore games.  

If I could get a discount on any game without the "buy it today or the deal is gone" style discounts plus would probably be a purchase I make.   Or that is if being a plus member got me a discount on all PSstore items (especially if it included the movies, a discount on those would make them cheaper than DL rentals from amazon and I would switch back to DL from the PSstore instead)

Message 46 of 215 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Aug 9, 2011

I have to say I am more supportive of PS+ after having it a few months.  I wish they had better games and prices (GoW1 & 2 for $15 EACH? wtf) but the exclusives are kind of cool and the amount of free games is very solid. 

My only real gripe is why can't I use the downloaded avatars on my other accounts...?  I can with the games and my kids would love some new avatars, it makes no sense.

Message 47 of 215 (80 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Aug 9, 2011

I'll get the one with the Home item but not for the game, the game really doesn't interest me at all. I'm usually late to get titles so you won't find me rushing to get limited time offers very often, discounts that are always aplicable to members and access to exclusive content are more what I would rather see. I have downloaded tons of free games from the service but have not played most of them unless I wanted to get at Home content. a couple of games that I purchased ended up having sales 1 or 2 weeks after I purchased them, as a member I expect to have that discount offered day one. the money in discounts I lost out on could have bought me some nice items in home.

Message 48 of 215 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Aug 9, 2011

Cross game voice chat would be great, especially before Skyrim

Message 49 of 215 (80 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Aug 9, 2011

pr0d1gy wrote:

Cross game voice chat would be great, especially before Skyrim

lol....are you saying no one on your friends list is going to see you in any online game once Skyrim comes out     I know the feeling!

Message 50 of 215 (80 Views)
0 Likes