PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Let's Talk About PlayStation Plus

Nov 7, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Awesomegamer2196 wrote:
I have an idea.
Let plus members vote for one new game each year that they can get for free. Hold the poll at the end of the year like on christmas and the game with the most votes should be given to plus members for free like Assasin's Creed 3 or Far Cry 3 or Dishounored. This would boost plus sales to an all time high.

I can't see a senario where a publisher would agree to give a newly released game for free on Plus. I think it is far more effective to give out the older game to help promote the sequel. 

On the blog, they are taking a poll on what people responded to the most each month, and they use that data to help shape what they do in the future...

Far be it for Sony to take the hit for loyal PLUS members...  The developer need not take the financial hit.  Sony can pick up the "cost" charge with funds from PLUS subscriptions.

That is my amendment to the idea, at least.

Moble

I think Sony sees the Plus program as a way to generate revenue from the expensive to run PSN network, I highly doubt that Sony would be willing to absorb the cost on a game that would sell well on its own...

Message 211 of 215 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Awesomegamer2196 wrote:
I have an idea.
Let plus members vote for one new game each year that they can get for free. Hold the poll at the end of the year like on christmas and the game with the most votes should be given to plus members for free like Assasin's Creed 3 or Far Cry 3 or Dishounored. This would boost plus sales to an all time high.

I can't see a senario where a publisher would agree to give a newly released game for free on Plus. I think it is far more effective to give out the older game to help promote the sequel. 

On the blog, they are taking a poll on what people responded to the most each month, and they use that data to help shape what they do in the future...

Far be it for Sony to take the hit for loyal PLUS members...  The developer need not take the financial hit.  Sony can pick up the "cost" charge with funds from PLUS subscriptions.

Moble

I think Sony sees the Plus program as a way to generate revenue from the expensive to run PSN network, I highly doubt that Sony would be willing to absorb the cost on a game that would sell well on its own...

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the way PLUS operates.  I merely wanted to inject an amendment to the previous post, to answer the question of costs to the developers.

I am happy, if it is the case, PLUS helps to fund the free PSN.  I would not want to have to pay for online gaming, like the X Box.

I do like the premise of voting though.  How about a vote prior to the beginning of a month, regarding offers members are eligible for.  This way, we avoid things like the King of the Fighters XIII disappointment.  Granted, some people may like that game, but the complaints seemed to outweigh the praises.  I actually did not really see any praises for that one.

Just ideas.

Moble

Message 212 of 215 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 7, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Awesomegamer2196 wrote:
I have an idea.

Moble

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the way PLUS operates.  I merely wanted to inject an amendment to the previous post, to answer the question of costs to the developers.

I am happy, if it is the case, PLUS helps to fund the free PSN.  I would not want to have to pay for online gaming, like the X Box.

I do like the premise of voting though.  How about a vote prior to the beginning of a month, regarding offers members are eligible for.  This way, we avoid things like the King of the Fighters XIII disappointment.  Granted, some people may like that game, but the complaints seemed to outweigh the praises.  I actually did not really see any praises for that one.

Just ideas.

Moble

The Poll told a different story, KOF XIII was at the top, or near the top, of favorite releases for October...

Message 213 of 215 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Well then.  I guess I was alone.

Moble

Message 214 of 215 (73 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 7, 2012
I liked it. It wouldn't be a game I would typically buy on my own, as I tend to gravitate toward Tekken and Street Fighter games, but it is a good quality fighting title that probably needs more exposure that Plus can provide...
Message 215 of 215 (71 Views)
0 Likes