Aug 02 2011
By: mochuuu SCEA 1486 posts

Let's Talk About PlayStation Plus

OFFICIAL POST
214 replies 927 views Edited Aug 2, 2011

PlayStation Plus. It's a thing! It's a prorgam that offers Free Games, Huge Discounts, and Great Exclusives. But enough with the tagline, I wanted to create a thread that is a platform for the community to communicate on what they want to see from Plus. Sound off on what you like, what you don't like, or even better, contribute your own ideas of what you see an ideal Plus program.

Don't confuse this thread as a "Please make <insert game here> free on Plus". Speak to a larger idea or theme that you want from Plus. The program isn't going anywhere, and we've already got some amazing things in store, but I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts, from all corners of the community.

Also, I will not be able to 'spill any beans' here. So please don't ask if a certain game, service, functionality is coming to Plus. The latest news, Plus or otherwise, will always, always, be on the PS Blog.

Thanks and looking forward to the discussions to come!

- morgan haro - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 1 of 215 (927 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
575 posts

Re: Let's Talk About PlayStation Plus

Aug 2, 2011

discounts on newer released DLC would be nice to have, to me thats all thats really missing i bought plus in the hopes of scoring some cheap DLC and i have just on older games.

invision2212 Trophy Card
Message 2 of 215 (927 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 2, 2011

the ps store doesnt have enough good content for ps+ to be worth the money

Message 3 of 215 (927 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4771 posts

Aug 2, 2011

I'll keep it concise but everything doesn't have to be free either:

• Exclusive avatars you can't get anywhere else not exclusive bundles of sold avatars.
  • PS Home space and content, such as apartment, clothing, emote.
  • Exclusive DLC such as Plus shirt for LBP2.
  • Plus icon on blog and forums for users.
  • More day one discounts.
  • Earlier notice of upcoming content and offers. I would rather see one big monthly blog of everything we can expect the next month.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 215 (927 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 2, 2011

I would like to see a standard discount on all PSN items for Plus subscribers, and a further discount on items featured that week...

Message 5 of 215 (927 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 2, 2011

I would like discounts on all dlc, and a option to change my psn id

Message 6 of 215 (927 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5091 posts

Aug 2, 2011

this thread is a great start.

I think what plus offers so far is great -

And Spy has stated alot of stuff we have been talking about in this here forum - namely the home additions to the free stuff on plus

personaly i would rather have home items then minis or ps1 games.

And an lbp shirt sounds awesome.

its 3 am though and im kinda braindead - will think of some original stuff tommorow

Message 7 of 215 (927 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7330 posts

Aug 2, 2011

One thing I really like is the Cloud Storage feature, I now no longer have to worry about copy protected saves, that's my favorite feature. I also like the free games, Plus is always evolving, always becoming better, so who knows what plus will be like in the future, what features could there be.

Message 8 of 215 (927 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Aug 3, 2011

I agree with more day 1 discounts.  Like the recently released Limbo that was discounted day 1, people who would buy it see the PS+ discount and would be tempted to join.

Message 9 of 215 (927 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7330 posts

Aug 3, 2011

ya, Day 1 discounts would be great, especially since many plus members won't buy things the store incase it later because free or discounted. But Day 1 discounts would allow more people to buy the games, and give more reason to non plus members to join.

Message 10 of 215 (927 Views)
0 Likes